Show us your pets

tunariaan

Gorgeous pup. My BFF, Murray, a golden lab left me a few months ago. Massive labrador shaped hole in my heart. I will get another when a space opens up at home.

Sorry for your loss

Labs and retrievers are just so special.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella seems to be a quick learner. Some way there with the house training after just 4 days (had to start buying newspapers again). Clear signs of a strong instinct to carry things around in her mouth - very good for a retriever. Also show the opposite side of that coin - chewing anything she can reach. She is also already startling to come to the whistle, albeit with a clear food bribe at the moment. No more night time howling if left alone in my study, but still put up quite a sad bit of opera if put outside alone. It is so good to have a dog again. I rush home after work like when the boys were little!

post-17716-0-45346000-1579236210_thumb.jpg

Mrs DJR said I'm not allowed to discriminate against Fish and Chips, Ds' two goldfish. This is Fish! Chips hid in the greenery when I stuck the camera in their bowl. Pet-non-discrimination noted! Obligation fulfilled  ;)   :D

post-17716-0-37279700-1579427018_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

The city rescues got their 1st real bush experience this weekend.  They've been building up to it with park walks and increasing less risk of them just disappearing over the horizon, plus practice in the car going to have coffee/lunch at restaurants.  So rented pet friendly place with lots of hiking options in the Magaliesberg.  You've never seen two happier and busier dogs  :D All those new smells and sounds and endless freedom.  Only 2 minor temporary disappearances over franklin and duiker.

post-41145-0-17062300-1579532199_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-11624100-1579532215_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-87781000-1579532235_thumb.jpg

The city rescues got their 1st real bush experience this weekend. They've been building up to it with park walks and increasing less risk of them just disappearing over the horizon, plus practice in the car going to have coffee/lunch at restaurants. So rented pet friendly place with lots of hiking options in the Magaliesberg. You've never seen two happier and busier dogs :D All those new smells and sounds and endless freedom. Only 2 minor temporary disappearances over franklin and duiker.

attachicon.gifIMG_1889b.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1890b.JPG

attachicon.gifbdfe286e-1bd2-4a58-9a2f-ce110b033e24.JPG

Aaaw.

We were practising Sit and Stay on the weekend.  So much so that I could get her to stay long enough to put a VR46 can down, take a photo, and abuse my Cape Town family who are big Marc Marquez fans, about how smart my dog was and how thick theirs are.....

post-15215-0-66433700-1579598986_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Andymann

We were practising Sit and Stay on the weekend. So much so that I could get her to stay long enough to put a VR46 can down, take a photo, and abuse my Cape Town family who are big Marc Marquez fans, about how smart my dog was and how thick theirs are.....

They are so clever and learn so fast...

Ha ha ha.. I love showing off with our Enzo too... but then my mom in law sends videos of her dogs...and we are like.. Enzo we have work to do.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Okay her dogs are older and more advanced lol.. on one weekend she had 3 dogs do competition.. one did BH, one did IGP 2 and one did IGP3.. I really take my hat off to her she is in her 60's and she is a boss when it comes to dog training.

Edited by Gen

ya those dog gurus are something else hey.  We struggle for half a class to get her to sit and stay for 5s.  The trainer comes along and manages to get her to lie down and stay like that for ages.

I'll be happy though if at the end if it, she just doesn't run away when we take her off-lead!