Show us your pets

tunariaan

Sooooooo We had a new addition to our house just before lockdown.

I  put the blame solely on Gen and Baldrick for posting pics of their beautiful GSD for the fact that I 'somehow' ended up with a GSD puppy who has stolen our  hearts along with our socks and shoes.....

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I  put the blame solely on Gen and Baldrick for posting pics of their beautiful GSD for the fact that I 'somehow' ended up with a GSD puppy who has stolen our  hearts along with our socks and shoes.....

Your welcome 

Had to take mine to the vet today. Somehow he managed to sprain his rear hock. Now he's all bound up and looking very sorry for himself. Keeping him quite for the next week should be fun.

post-11947-0-17157500-1588936252_thumb.jpg

Edited by Baldrick

Your welcome

Had to take mine to the vet today. Somehow he managed to sprain his rear hock. Now he's all bound up and looking very sorry for himself. Keeping him quite for the next week should be fun.

Annotation 2020-05-08 131010.jpg

Aaw. That face. Definitely feeling very sorry for himself.

I put the blame solely on Gen and Baldrick for posting pics of their beautiful GSD for the fact that I 'somehow' ended up with a GSD puppy who has stolen our hearts along with our socks and shoes.....

Aaaw that's awesome..enjoy the little bundle of joy..what am I saying.. Good luck[emoji2957][emoji173]

They are an awesome breed.. many happy days for you and pup.

Edited by Gen

Your welcome

attachicon.gifAnnotation 2020-05-08 131010.jpg

Oh no.[emoji15]. that sure is a self pity look.

Aaaw that's awesome..enjoy the little bundle of joy..what am I saying.. Good luck[emoji2957][emoji173]

Thank you. I haven't had puppies for so long as our other dogs were all rescues got as adults that I had forgotten what they were like.....

He is so damn cute and now sleeping through the night so no midnight squeaks for love and attention anymore. Also he toilet trained really quick.

The other dogs expressions when I brought him home were priceless, kind of like " Thought she said absolutely no more dogs"

Enzo made his very own doggie door.

He destroyed the one block panel on the door, we tried to fix it.. but that didn't last long.. now I will need to try and replace the door during lockdown [emoji2356]

Hmm the 2 posts above are not very reassuring......

So far we have no damage but I think that's more to do with his baby teeth that can't do much than anything else.

Charlie is growing through a growth spurt and looks more like a little GSD than the ball of fluff he was.

I am contemplating getting a dog. Something to take along for hikes and maybe fishing. So looking at small to medium type dogs. Was looking at what the spca has on offer and found some interest in the africanis breed.

Anyone have any experience with them?

My inlaws have had them for a while now.

Highly intelligent, can run forever and very loyal. HUGE characters too.

They require a fair bit of training and can be quite stubborn at times but are really great dogs.

Hmm the 2 posts above are not very reassuring......

So far we have no damage but I think that's more to do with his baby teeth that can't do much than anything else.

Charlie is growing through a growth spurt and looks more like a little GSD than the ball of fluff he was.

It's not the chewing that broke the dog flaps. The silly mutt hit them at full speed to get in and out of the house. I once found him outside with part of the dog flap around his neck.

Other times the plastic flap broke off at the hinge. We went one summer with no flap at all, just a big hole in the door.

It's not the chewing that broke the dog flaps. The silly mutt hit them at full speed to get in and out of the house. I once found him outside with part of the dog flap around his neck.

Other times the plastic flap broke off at the hinge. We went one summer with no flap at all, just a big hole in the door.

Yeah Enzo took advantage of a door that needed to be replaced as it had seen some water and sun damage so it was just a prime target to become a doggie door, we then put a makeshift plan and well that just needed to get pulled off to get to the creative doggie door he had made.[emoji2356]

He isn't normally too destructive as we don't allow him to go unsupervised for too long.. cause you know a quiet pup is def busy getting up to mischief...we slipped up here though[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edited by Gen

Anyone here own a Miniture Schnauser? We’ve own a Bulldog (2009 - 2012) and a Boston Terrier (2009 - 2020), and agree time for a change. After a long period of browsing the various breeds, and a lot of deliberating, we’ve narrowed our next breed to a Schnauser.

Would be nice to hear some tips from anyone in the know.

Trying to keep the mutt quite is becoming an issue. He keeps on dropping his Kong in front of me expecting it to be thrown. I have decided  knitting might be a more suitable hobby for him.

I have also had to reinforce the split with duct tape. Everything was unraveling  :lol:  :lol:

post-11947-0-12960000-1589289653_thumb.jpg

Tried my hand at capturing Stella, but I think black pen is perhaps the wrong medium for a black dog. Will try charcoal or pencil next time. At least I can see it is a Labrador even if it doesn't quite look like Stella.

post-17716-0-23732500-1589710694_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR