Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This beautiful girl passed away unexpectedly last night. She managed to get out the window and was walking along the exterior windowsill of my 5th storey flat. My son saw her walking past him while he was watching telly and told me asap and I tried to get her to come to the easiest window to get back in, but she decided to try turning around on the ledge and slipped. I'd only had her for 18 months, after saving her from a family that were going to put her down instead of taking her with to Malawi.

I'm broken, and my son is distraught. We both heard the impact. She was dead by the time I got to her.

RIP Arya. Your annoyingly high affection and beautiful demeanour will be missed.

Sorry for the loss sir! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

It sucks losing a family member in their prime.

Yesterday i woke up with the idea that today was going to be the day. Got up and fed the pooches, and to my surprise she ate much better than the preceding day or two. Watched her closely and it seemed as if she was just having difficulty passing a stool, which led to her being almost herself after that. With the rain she cuddled up to me on the couch and that was that, im not quite taking that drive yet. Then the mindgames started: how i almost made an incorrect decision to end her life. That thought is still playing in my mind as i type this; it just seems too big a decision for a human to make.

On 29 March 2018 i had to put my Rambo to sleep. His suffering was more obvious and the decision was “easier” - his breathing became problematic as a result of lymphoma and his appetite had gone.

Quintus, my new pup (he is 2 in May), i worry how he will cope with losing his “mommy”. I worry about these things because my rotties are my life subsequent to my divorce in 2013 and the many failed attempts at having human relationships with potential partners. It is what it is.

Apologies for the unhappy post, it helps talking about it.

Cherish the times you have to cuddle on the couch while they are still there.

I feel heavily for you in that situation, I cant imagine how Im going to cope when I get there with my little girl.

This beautiful girl passed away unexpectedly last night. She managed to get out the window and was walking along the exterior windowsill of my 5th storey flat. My son saw her walking past him while he was watching telly and told me asap and I tried to get her to come to the easiest window to get back in, but she decided to try turning around on the ledge and slipped. I'd only had her for 18 months, after saving her from a family that were going to put her down instead of taking her with to Malawi. 

I'm broken, and my son is distraught. We both heard the impact. She was dead by the time I got to her. 

RIP Arya. Your annoyingly high affection and beautiful demeanour will be missed. 

Bub Im so sorry to hear that, what a traumatic way to lose a family member :(

Siamese and Burmese have some larger than life personalities, they are real characters.

Im really sorry for your loss.

Shame man, that's tough. So sorry for you and the gremlin. Tough thing to work through especially with the circumstances. We've lost 2 dogs this year and was a harsh thing for the kids to navigate. My daughter still worries she's going to lose us or one of the other dogs in specific manners so it stays long with their lil' elephant brains.  

I feel like she could me Mila's sister! Beautiful dog!

attachicon.gif20200419_201909.jpg

And yes... that is her that chewed up the chair. She is now not allowed on the stoep alone anymore...

:D As for climbing on tables (in our case, to get to the cats food) they could very well be related. :D

Stella is awesome..such a pretty pup.

At the moment a real gangly teenager - all legs, ears and big paws. :)

:D As for climbing on tables (in our case, to get to the cats food) they could very well be related. :D

Haha yeah they are naughty! My boxer is naughty too, but he at least knows what he is doing is wrong and when you catch him in the act he bolts. Mila is oblivious, in her mind there is nothing wrong with taking a nap on the table and then snacking on the chair :D

So very sorry, looks like a beautiful cat.

Missed this.. **** sorry Myles

Sorry for your loss.