Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella much happier now, ignoring the cone when she isn't trying to chew it off. I already had to do some running repairs with cable ties and duct tape. Distracting her with toys seem to be the only (temporary) remedy.

Did you put the cone on because she was licking the wound, or did you just put it on as a preventative measure?

I ask because both of my dogs, after being spayed/neutered, went bannanas when I put the cone on. Diesel got out of it in a few mins. So I decided to just go without and both of them were fine, didn't lick their wounds at all.

The only thing I had to do was keep them apart after Mila was spayed so they didn't run around and play with each other while the wound was recovering.

Did you put the cone on because she was licking the wound, or did you just put it on as a preventative measure?

I ask because both of my dogs, after being spayed/neutered, went bannanas when I put the cone on. Diesel got out of it in a few mins. So I decided to just go without and both of them were fine, didn't lick their wounds at all.

The only thing I had to do was keep them apart after Mila was spayed so they didn't run around and play with each other while the wound was recovering.

She is a chewer of absolute note, so the vet put the cone on right from the start as she expected Stella to try and chew at the stitches. They never did that for any of my other females, and I never had issues with it, but still I'm happy with the cone if it prevents possible complications.

Stella much happier now, ignoring the cone when she isn't trying to chew it off. I already had to do some running repairs with cable ties and duct tape. Distracting her with toys seem to be the only (temporary) remedy. 

post-41145-0-19058700-1592214553_thumb.jpg

With my bigger dogs it was always the cone of shame edge into the tender back of knee as they squeezed past you. My last doberman it wasn't worth the effort, she was strung like piano wire to start with and the cone freaked her out, mostly because of lack of being able to tell sound direction I think. The one evening she had finally dozed off and I leant down to stroke her, she woke up in mid air over the coffee table like something out of scooby doo,looking surprised at herself. It was hilarious (well not according to my wife, but hey) but after that we went to an inflatable collar which was a lot more leg/furniture/nerve friendly.

jeez I miss my lab a year later - I have 3 rescue dogs and the labs former sidekick, Samantha Fox is 12 so I am not going to bother her with a new puppy, but when the time is right.........

jeez I miss my lab a year later - I have 3 rescue dogs and the labs former sidekick, Samantha Fox is 12 so I am not going to bother her with a new puppy, but when the time is right.........

:devil:  :clap:

It's these quiet little moments I enjoy, before someone touches The Forbidden Tennis Ball.09c345c50c4a762e8d5ea66dff0a4d87.jpg1aea52d777781e20f078c24261d9a137.jpg

Lol in our house we need to spell the word "play" if you say it..it is over[emoji1787]

Lol in our house we need to spell the word "play" if you say it..it is over[emoji1787]

I have to watch everything I do since I'm the only one who plays or walks with them. Anything, from putting on my shoes to opening the drawer where I keep my car keys could trigger freaking mayhem.

I have to watch everything I do since I'm the only one who plays or walks with them. Anything, from putting on my shoes to opening the drawer where I keep my car keys could trigger freaking mayhem.

Ha ha ha.. and when we are at the coast we can't say beach..oh hell..he runs and fetches his lead and goes and waits at the gate..he loves the beach so much..

I have a video my.sons took when they walked him to the beach..the moment he hears the sea..he makes a b line and you just have to hold on for dear life.

Edited by Gen

How time flies

Aaaw.. he is such an awesome pup.

And still adores my son..he spends the entire day looking for my son when he is at school. And I still have to send my som Enzo updates during the day[emoji173]

I am going to miss those two when they go off to varsity next year..[emoji22]

Yes my son is planning on taking Enzo with him[emoji173]

Edited by Gen