2. XTR

3. Formula R1

4. XT

That`s my recommendation in that order.

1. Hope

2. XT

3. XTR - only because you now need a special bleed component <_<

4. Formula R1

Of interest to anyone or not I don't but I have a set of Avid Juicy 7's I bought from Dangle Jan 2006 and bled by him, to this day they have not been touched other than change of pads ..... levers a bit worn and they have been passed on to someone else recently but they still work!

who services Hope in SA?

There is a local agent (here in Greenside Jhb) but I have always brought them in myself from CRC or UK Bike Store. You can buy all the parts (and service tools) from them as well. Also most of the cable bits (like the Olives) are reusable.

I have M4's on both my mtb's - excellent, never fade even on the steepest descents, but in going with the more minimalist Scalpel, X2 should be fine. Also have Mono Mini's on my Pavement Warrior sine 2002

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/cycling/Prophet/Prophet_Bars_s.jpg

http://www.entopia.org.za/Gallery/cycling/Prophet/Prophet_FrontWheel_s.jpg

I used to have the 2009 XTR's, I never really liked them, if found they faded under heavy braking, now have Elixer CR's when they are properly bled they are awesome, but they tend to need bleeding too often, and when they are due for bleeding they are very bad. I would rather have good brakes that stay just good for long periods than have great brakes that are only great for short periods. Everyone that I have spoken to rave about the new XTR's. But this new Magura's look incredible and are getting serious rave reviews all over. 360life roll with them, and they also have only good things to say about the. With the Avid bleeding, I have the Avid bleed kit nd find it fairly simple to use, but it is a bit of a process, and extending or shortening the hoses is shite, you have to buy new hoses or buy after market hoses where the olive and connecting screw are reusable.

I got M4`s on the Zula - "When in doubt, go flat out!" - Nothing stops like M4`s!!!

Specially for the fuller figures among us!

If you weigh 65kg anything will do - Remember : Momentum = Mass X Velocity!!!

Its all about physics!

I have them on my SS. great brakes.

BigBen, thanks tjomma :thumbup:

super pimp...Shimano have upped their game wrt to XTR brakes.

Those on your new Ritchey will be flippen hot :thumbup:

super pimp...Shimano have upped their game wrt to XTR brakes.

Those on your new Ritchey will be flippen hot :thumbup:

Eish, I am in two minds about what to put on that Ritchey, but I can assure you the entire cockpit will be Ritchey :D

Eish, I am in two minds about what to put on that Ritchey, but I can assure you the entire cockpit will be Ritchey :D

Lekker, add new AM Classic wiele, boom...masjien bike

I dont see the new Shimano XTR & XT being mentioned much, are they not that great? :unsure:

Nope they are right up there, and they are pretty bling over and above being great brakes :thumbup: