Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

Two years in 2 days time.

Off to Karkloof tomorrow, I like riding up that steep hill near "Bubble and Squeak" now that I can breath properly.

I ride the same trail every 6 mts from the day I stopped, it re afirms why I quit smoking :clap:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years in 2 days time.

Off to Karkloof tomorrow, I like riding up that steep hill near "Bubble and Squeak" now that I can breath properly.

I ride the same trail every 6 mts from the day I stopped, it re afirms why I quit smoking :clap:

Well done Mousie!

Had a geat 2 year no smoke anniversary ride with my little one.

Man can an 8 year old little girl jabber when excited on brilliant single track.

She did an OTB on the one steep section, but nothing to hectic. Bit of a dust off and all was good

Good for you. Hope to join you soon

I was scared to do it. But like Johnny said it's not really bothering me. Just do it man.

Well done, worst is def behind you. 2 years for me. It wil change your life forever, you can do it.

Has it ?

Edited by Wyatt Earp

My daughters 9 tomorrow, that meams I've been off the smokes for 9 years. Well done on giving up. Remember the lus for a smoke only lasts for a few minutes, then it goes away. You just need to resist for those few minutes

I will never forget the date I smoked my last cigarette. It was a sunday; 9/09/2001. Two days before 9/11. I stopped smoking on my mother's birthday, she had already passed away a few years earlier. I sort of did it as a tribute to her and also a kind of remembrance. She always begged and pleaded with my dad to stop smoking, but sadly she passed away before he could stop. He eventually managed to kick the habit a few years later, but 50 odd years of the filthy habit had already taken its toll, and his last few years was spent in the terrible grasp of emphysema where every breath seemed to be a struggle for life and death. 

I always think back to stopping smoking in terms of 3's. The first 3 days are absolute hell, if you can get past it, it becomes slightly easier. The first 3 weeks are tough, but if you manage that, you are more than 50% towards your goal of becoming an ex smoker. After 3 months almost all the cravings should be over, and after 3 years it should be safe to say that you will never ever smoke again! 

Has it ?

What kind question is that? Do you want this thread to be modded like all your others? 

Giving up smoking is hard hard. Changed my life for sure. Feel 100 times better,healthier and just positive about life. 

What kind question is that? Do you want this thread to be modded like all your others?

Giving up smoking is hard hard. Changed my life for sure. Feel 100 times better,healthier and just positive about life. 

You need to reiterate that question for me as it seems that your past few comments you made towards me had some good intentions ,and I actually don't recall anything being modded the past few weeks.

​So the simple question was "has it" and you answered .

​That's all it takes, nothing more and nothing less .

​It's a habit I never had and one I have never had to try and beat, I sympathise with those who get caught up in the addiction, I have seen how lost some people become to the world, it's like their entire focus and reason to live depends on their next nicotine fix.

So in short, I really admire those who quit, I would not know what it feels like and that I am thankful for, but I have seen how dependant some become on it and it's nothing but a victory for themselves and those around them when they decide to eventually beat the addiction.

It takes a strong stand and much pride in one self to beat any habit .

You need to reiterate that question for me as it seems that your past few comments you made towards me had some good intentions ,and I actually don't recall anything being modded the past few weeks.

​So the simple question was "has it" and you answered .

​That's all it takes, nothing more and nothing less .

​It's a habit I never had and one I have never had to try and beat, I sympathise with those who get caught up in the addiction, I have seen how lost some people become to the world, it's like their entire focus and reason to live depends on their next nicotine fix.

So in short, I really admire those who quit, I would not know what it feels like and that I am thankful for, but I have seen how dependant some become on it and it's nothing but a victory for themselves and those around them when they decide to eventually beat the addiction.

It takes a strong stand and much pride in one self to beat any habit .

If it was an honest question,sorry. I APOLIGISE. Its tough,some people say its the toughest addiction, even worse than drugs. I smoked 17 years,but I always went to gym en excercised, and did not smoke that many a say. But,no matter how much you excercise, you always feel short of breath and unhealthy. Terrible habit, and expensive aswell. 

Myself and a friend quit recently. Tip from my side, go cold turkey. The sooner you get that *** out your body the better. Patches and gum will only make the ordeal longer.