Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was also the famous" the batsman's Holding the bowler's Willey"

It was the other way around as in 'The bowler's Holding the batsman' s Willey.' Can't remember the name of the commentator though.

Don't forget the great John Arlott:

On England's 1948–9 tour to South Africa, the England captain George Mann was bowled by his namesake Tufty Mann. Arlott memorably described it as "a case of Mann's inhumanity to Mann"

Luckily the u/19 are still in the top 3 on the continent. Only Namibia and Zimbabwe have beaten them recently [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Wahahahaha, good one! How pathetic is that hey.. And our coach thinks there's no problem with our youth structures? Jeepers, shows just how bright he is. 

Your predictions for the last 3 SA vs ENG games? I see Wiese is in for Rossouw. A really dumb move if you ask me! I dunno what has Rilee done wrong to not get a consistent run in the team. And I also don't know what has Behardien and Duminy done right to not be dropped. 

ENG will definitely take the series, it's just a question of clean sweep or not

Proper thrashing. I would prefer Miller at 5, JPD and Behardien can compete for 6, Morris or Wiese for 7.

Miller / Rossouw are should be fightling it out for 5, agree on JP and Behardien for 6 and Morris / Wiese for 7. I doubt whether they will be tinkering too much with the setup at the moment though. If anyone may miss out, it would be Tahir for another seamer at the Wanderers.

England will most probably substitute Jordan for Broad for the next game giving them another all out attacking option with the bowling and a guy that can hit a long ball towards the end of the innings.

Lets hope the weather does not ruin the party on Friday (or Sunday, as current forecasts are showing some rain in CT over the weekend!). Lets hope we can level the series on Friday. It would set it up beautifully for Sunday.

The statistics of his de Kock's career are worth dwelling upon for a moment. Despite only celebrating his 23rd birthday in December, this was his 10th ODI century in his 55th match. To put that in perspective, nobody has reached the milestone at a younger age (Virat Kohli was the previous holder of that record) and it is as many ODIs centuries as Graeme Smith managed in his entire 196-match ODI career.

Cricinfo