this doesn't look good.

http://gq.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Faf.png

less posing, more playing please.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank heavens I did not watch this. I would have had to explain the broken TV screen to the wife and in-sewer-ants.  :whistling:

It was a bizarre collapse after a solid platform laid by the openers

Cricinfo reported a few days ago in a feature article that something seems off with the Abraham.

It is apparent that there is something burdensome for him in the Proteas jersey

And Pakistan defies logic, gravity and the form book and wins the Champions trophy

Wow

bowling by Mohammed Amir was just sublime. Can't wait to see that boy at his best. Such a waste these past few years after that stupidity of match fixing. He got lucky wrt his sentence. But damn, does he deliver.

Mega props to Pakistan. and another south african coach takes a title, not coaching a south african team.  ^_^

It is interesting to note that we lost to the 2 teams that ultimately won the final. The DL loss to Pakistan may have ended being a close game, but lets not get into the "what-if's". I enjoyed Pakistan's energy yesterday. Their aggression with ball, bat and in the field showed how tight they have become as a team, whereas India seemed to rely on their individual stars to pull them through. I like "smaller" teams like New Zeeland and Pakistan with very few "super stars" but who always seems to punch above their weight.

Pakistan seemed to invest in good coaching staff and with not having "home-based" cricket (all their home games are played in the UAE due to the political volatility in Pakistan) they seemed to have worked out how to play away from home pretty much all of the time.  

I would have loved to see a round-robin first round without this pool A and pool B nonsense. The 92 World Cup was Epic in my view because of each side playing the other side to get to the top 4 for the play-offs.

Well done Pakistan. I'll be watching them more closely going forward.

there's always this lingering thought in the back of my mind when India or Pakistan have one of their spectacular implosions....

there's always this lingering thought in the back of my mind when India or Pakistan have one of their spectacular implosions....

I would not want to discredit a very professional Pakistani performance with these "thoughts" The Indian bowling was not terrible, but the Pakistani batting was sublime. The Indian batsmen did not get out to half trackers, but to very good pace bowling up front (very few batsmen would have withstood that barrage). The No-ball from India that meant a wicket was disallowed was millimetres over...

I guess you also have similar lingering thoughts when a cyclist has a particularly good day on the bike?

I would not want to discredit a very professional Pakistani performance with these "thoughts" The Indian bowling was not terrible, but the Pakistani batting was sublime. The Indian batsmen did not get out to half trackers, but to very good pace bowling up front (very few batsmen would have withstood that barrage). The No-ball from India that meant a wicket was disallowed was millimetres over...

I guess you also have similar lingering thoughts when a cyclist has a particularly good day on the bike?

I have lots of lingering thoughts, most of them not suited to a public forum.

As for the cycling issue - I assume they're all cheating and just enjoy the spectacle.

I thought that with regards to South Africa

I thought that with regards to South Africa

I thought we were simply outplayed by a good India, and what proved to be a very good Pakistani side. Some of our senior players seemed confused as to their roles in the side and lacking a real world-class all rounder is going to hurt us going forward, as we will struggle to balance our side for big games.