Cricket......

E1A104

He copped a lot of critque for picking and choosing when and what format he wants to play. So ja, it probably had an influence on his thinking. Then it also doesn't help that we're playing only minnow teams for the next year or two. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, whoopdeedoo.... Perhaps a game or 2 against Zim in between for good measure..

If I had paid my dues and was good enough at my job to choose where and when I wanted to work I wouldn't want to be away from home and family most of the time either now with the Eng, India and Aus series out of the way for a few years. Time is precious.

The logical thing would be for him to play home matches and the world cup but people wouldn't be happy with that. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From his point of view it is all fine to pick when and where you want to play. But remember, cricket is a team sport. it is not fair for someone to replace him, play a couple of games, do really well and settle in the team. Only to be told sorry we're dropping you, AB feels like playing again.. 

I would've been happy if he chose one format and stuck to it. But then he should be available for all the games, home and away. 

Well now all I want is for them to win it and shove it in his face.

I'm at odds here..I get the need for playing IPL and getting the bucks to support you after you retire.... Bit your country should be your number one priority. He's not old and he's at his prime.

Are there politics going on we are not aware of?

Okay, let's see how long it takes before the lynch mob shows up at my house...  :whistling:

I've never understood the "your country should be your first priority" belief. Make no mistake, I'm proudly South African and I love South Africa, flaws and all. But why should your country be your first priority? Why shouldn't you, yourself, and your family and your friends and your values and your future be your first priorities? 

Sure, you could argue that SA invested a lot in AB but didn't he deliver on that investment, over and over again? Is it just because he's a sportsman? What if he was a doctor, like Patrick Soon-Shiong, the world's richest doctor who was born in SA and studied here but now lives in LA and gives away hundreds of millions in charity - all in the good ol' US of A? What about Elon Musk?

What are they currently doing for SA?

• 3 weeks later...

Scotland cricket beat the country south of them. Is that Pakistan? Oh, no, sorry, its England.

Well, the Tartans beat the limeys 371/365. Thats a first. But, here's the kicker. Their captain is Kyle Coetzer. He has SA blood in him. Eastern Province blood -his uncle Grant Dugmore played for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Where we playing? :eek:

Sri Lanka got them two down for 92 after 26 overs. Rabada and Shamsi with a wicket each. Maharaj and Shamsi have did most of the bowling before lunch.

Also two changes from our last Test against Aus, Shamsi in for ABdV and Steyn in for Morkel.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

We at 51/6 currently. Bavuma top scorer with 17, so far. Faf and Vern batting now. This is rather mortifying.

We at 51/6 currently. Bavuma top scorer with 17, so far. Faf and Vern batting now. This is rather mortifying.

A little, but that wicket is a batting wicket on day 1 only, thereafter it deteriorates to a bowlers dream. Boy's will have to adapt quickly... 

A little, but that wicket is a batting wicket on day 1 only, thereafter it deteriorates to a bowlers dream. Boy's will have to adapt quickly...

As it is Faf and Vern are showing a bit of spine at the moment. Let's hope that they can keep it up. We need a really really big partnership from them if we are to stand a chance in this test.