Beware of Giant top end bicycles.

Jurgenbike

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just reminded me of a story.

A while ago, a guy wrote a letter to a local cycling magazine. He was run over by a motorist in Bloem while doing the OFM classic. He posted a picture of the broken bike and readers flamed the motorist and even the organizers of the event.

However, the whole story was this: The guy that was run over, was run over because he was sleeping with the wife of the guy that ran him over...

He deserved that, but his wife also needs to be run over.

A while ago, a guy wrote a letter to a local cycling magazine. He was run over by a motorist in Bloem while doing the OFM classic. He posted a picture of the broken bike and readers flamed the motorist and even the organizers of the event.

However, the whole story was this: The guy that was run over, was run over because he was sleeping with the wife of the guy that ran him over...

Thanks! Nice posting I laughed! That's been my fav comment in this entire set of comments!! :clap:

You mean his Trance advanced caught him looking at another bike and has since tried to kill him?

i think he is taking a chance. In his letter to china he says his bar broke oon the Sani2c ride and he had to peddle for 6 hours with blood pouring out of his leg. Me does think he is prone to telling a few white lies.

I think he is prone to riding into trees/rocks etc.

There is no way that all of this damage is from Just Riding Along...

I would love to hear what the bike shop, Dragons and Giant themselves say...

You mean his Trance advanced caught him looking at another bike and has since tried to kill him?

....and obviously to commit suicide (self destruct) in the process!

I am glad you are not my client!

I sell Blou draad and I think you will abuse that too.

I ride an anthem because i am a big strong dude ,but i dont abuse my bike.If you want stuff to last then dont buy any alu parts.How do you not notice a crank comming apart like that

I ride an anthem because i am a big strong dude ,but i dont abuse my bike.If you want stuff to last then dont buy any alu parts.How do you not notice a crank comming apart like that

What should you be buying then? :rolleyes:

I can totally sympathise. I sent pictorial evidence of failed components and my excrutiating injuries to China and nobody has sent me a new bike yet.

Sensitive viewers, look away now:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a1n7eCT0Emw/TVqUbfO4WmI/AAAAAAAAADQ/IAAiYkSISRU/s1600/body_cast.jpg

Stage 3 of the 2010 Epic, I had to crawl for 7 hours with my balls in a sling made from prickly pear branches to finish before the cutoff.

No response whatsoever from the Chinese manufacturers.

http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/normal_BrokenBicycle.jpg

Edited by Lucky Luke.

What should you be buying then? :rolleyes:

Upgrade to 18 20 Stainless :rolleyes:

To the OP, demmit but that is quite a few things to go wrong on a bike. Quite a few "giant" issues lately on thehub...I won't buy one and me thinks dragons or giant dont really care

I'd love to see your face...with all those malfunctions you must score some big ooohhhs and aaahhhhs around the braai fire from the ladies! :P

I'd love to see your face...with all those malfunctions you must score some big ooohhhs and aaahhhhs around the braai fire from the ladies! :P

Or you get left behind on the sidewalk when your friends pack the car for a camping weekend.

I was going to demand a new bike, as I believe that my bike and all of its parts are inferior. Not to mention the many broken bones torn muscles and other injuries caused by malfunctioning parts. I have had to spend over 1 third of the bikes cost replacing all the parts myself in order to keep riding.

Apart from a new 2012 XTR equiped bike, I am surprised that you aren't asking for your medical bills to be covered too!

Surely somebody from Dragons/the bike shop are members of the Hub. I would love to hear their side of the story.