Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good read about our defence

Our defense strategy worked extremely well against NZ, (unfortunately) at the expense of our attacking game (NZ's defense was also top notch tough). I hope that we can bring more of both aspects of the game into balance. Even considering the wet weather forecast, I doubt the same AB team will pitch up again with so many handling errors. Plus they always seem to adapt quickly by the next game after a poor showing.

I'm getting a bit nervous for Saturday tbh.

Edited by stefmeister

Our defense strategy worked extremely well against NZ, (unfortunately) at the expense of our attacking game (NZ's defense was also top notch tough). I hope that we can bring more of both aspects of the game into balance. Even considering the wet weather forecast, I doubt the same AB team will pitch up again with so many handling errors. Plus they always seem to adapt quickly by the next game after a poor showing.

I'm getting a bit nervous for Saturday tbh.

impossible not to be nervous against the mighty ABs.

I recon our pack is the best it has been for a while and it an area we dominated in wellington. NZ on the flip side will definitely miss Retallic. He is a massive player for them and he leaves a massive gap in their pack. This was evident in the first Bledislow cup game.

Even though they have shown they can be beaten, the ABs are still the ABs and they can turn a game in a few minutes.

its gona be...EPIC...  :ph34r:

Well that was disappointing...

9 10 and 15 were very poor. Seem we practiced too much playing without the ball coz we obviously had no idea what to do with it when we had it.

ABs flexed half a muscle for 10mins and won comfortably.

And again in the studio they blame the ref for the loss. FFS, the boks lost because they were poor. 

Yup, that is not the first time ABs capatilsed on our shooting up defense lines. Both their tries came from our mistakes. First was wrong positional play by our number 15, the second being too many forwards in our backline not able to defened against a fast running back. Everybody was looking at each other to tackle the runner.

They should actually have scored 3 tries. The Boks were lucky on that first mistake when Mapimpi tackled the AB, even though he forfeited a penalty.

Edited by Moridin

I don't think the ABs will be too happy with this result. Well they will like the result but they got outplayed in many facets.

We should never have allowed those two tries.

A few different bounces of the ball and peeps of garces whistle and we could have won this comfortably.

Our tryline was never under pressure, they never even got close.

I don't think the ABs will be too happy with this result. Well they will like the result but they got outplayed in many facets.

We should never have allowed those two tries.

A few different bounces of the ball and peeps of garces whistle and we could have won this comfortably.

Our tryline was never under pressure, they never even got close.

I agree. I thought we played well. We won the second half and that does not often happen against the AB.

Willie had a bad game and should have been replaced earlier. It was interesting to hear Rassie explain that the timing of his replacements was heavily impacted by injuries unfortunately.

I think we can definitely make it to the final and on the day anything can happen.

To be honest, based on yesterday's game, none of these two teams will raise the trophy. Too many basic mistakes.

I think a Nothern Hemi team will take it.