Rugby...

'Dale

I did not pay close attention, but surely Sonny Bill should have featured?

inventing the offload in the tackle should count for something.

David Warner was very critical of SBW's offload in his wife's tackle.....

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a try, the French at their best is simply something special, just a pity they so up & down all the time.

• 1 month later...

To Shebeen , and all my other Province and Stormers supporting mates , sad to see the end of an era at Newlands Rugby Stadium yesterday . Holds some remarkable rugby memories. Most iconic for me at Newlands was Pieter Hendricks rounding Campo with his fist raised to score in the 95 World Cup opener , but as Province fans , I’m sure you guys have many more personal memories of the place. 
However , your new stadium has, judging by the sevens and the soccer, got to be one of ,if not the finest stadium in world rugby , so look forward to that in future . Imagine that place packed full and singing vs the All Blacks or Lions . 
All the best to Province Rugby going forward 

Edited by Benjamin

To Shebeen , and all my other Province and Stormers supporting mates , sad to see the end of an era at Newlands Rugby Stadium yesterday . Holds some remarkable rugby memories. Most iconic for me at Newlands was Pieter Hendricks rounding Campo with his fist raised to score in the 95 World Cup opener , but as Province fans , I’m sure you guys have many more personal memories of the place. 

However , your new stadium has, judging by the sevens and the soccer, got to be one of ,if not the finest stadium in world rugby , so look forward to that in future . Imagine that place packed full and singing vs the All Blacks or Lions . 

My best ever match was WP beating the All Blacks 12 - 11

I could not speak after the match.My voice was stuffed.

It was in 1976.The crowd went beserk when Chris Pope scored our second try in the dying minutes.Robbie Blair nailed the conversion from the touchline after missing 8 kicks at the poles in a row.We went bepiep.

Edited by Kranswurm

what a gentleman you are. i decided to watch my first bit of rugby for a while yesterday, considering the occassion. what a terrible game to close off the history books, and a complete waste of time. thanks for not mentioning it.

ag Newlands, I think she had her life extended for a few years/dragged out but it was always happening. i looked into getting a consortium together to rent one of the many vacant boxes for the final 2020 season, it was going to cost too much and thank the pope we never did it - lockdown would have made it a financial disaster!

I don't have a particular favourite memory at Newlands that stands out, just many over the years. I was about 20m from the spot where jonah lomu steamrolled mike catt being probably the most youtubable.

going to watch a big game at newlands was a great day out, the roar of the crowd just seemed to echo through the bones of the building. i hope they can get some sort of vibe at CT stadium. being so close to the waterfront it really should be a great journey.

Awesome video, bring back so many great memories.  Don't think there will be a WC final ever again like '95.

Rugby Australia offers to host the Lions tour to South Africa

I think we must hope the Lions Tour is postponed. The quality of our rugby (and there are plenty reasons for it) is such that I fear if the Lions Tour proceed, it will be 1974 all over again...

• 2 weeks later...

Will give that a whirl.

Obviously there are people writing this for him, or maybe even not. but wow he really is a special guy

I would say that Rachel had a hand in that

Dan Carter has called time on his career! Personally I reckon he is the greatest 10 the game has seen. His ability to pull the strings on attack and his reliability as a set kicker was pretty much top notch for the greater majority of his career.