Rugby...

'Dale

LOL, he's never been known for his kicking skills. So instead of telling a ferrari to go 4x4 offroad, why not let Goosen and/or Combrinck (when he was still fit) help with the kicking duties? Barret's goal kicking percentage is just as low as Jantjies. But the difference is the AB's gives him freedom to play his natural attacking game whereas jantjies is boxed in by AC.

Look, as brilliant as Jantjies was for the Lions, I would probably still prefer Lambie ahead of him. IF he's been playing some rugby and performing well, I don't want another player there on reputation only. Our problem is we don't have anyone else at the moment. 

Lambie is out for a long time... Wonder when he will be back.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambie is out for a long time... Wonder when he will be back.

last I heard he has started training again with the sharks, but no contact yet. Which means you can't just rush him back into the bok team. 

What time is the massacre taking place on Saturday?

I want to make sure I'm out riding my bike, if I'm not still asleep that time. :whistling:

Kick off is at 9:35 - just as I'm getting back from my ride.

For me, this is The Ultimate match in test rugby, the two best sides going head to head - and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Sadly, times have changed and I'm not sure it worthy of that status at the moment.

For me, this is The Ultimate match in test rugby, the two best sides going head to head - and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Sadly, times have changed and I'm not sure it worthy of that status at the moment.

Thanks. 

I'll definitely will still be out on my training ride that time, so there will be no rush to get home.

That mid ride Coffee Stop in Franschoek sounds a lot more appealing to me. :whistling:

Edited by Wannabe

This must be the first time in the history of Springbok rugby that SA is +23 at the bookies.... thats the sad state of affairs we face. But its a state of SA sport that is sadly becoming a reality. The once mighty and feared Springboks are relegated to be classed as "second division" by the likes of Nick Mallett..... :blush:  :(

Edited by Paulst12

that would be all blacks A vs all blacks B.

Lucky I am not able to view the massacre that awaits. I will be supporting by sons in their Spur Schools MTB race at PRG.

This must be the first time in the history of Springbok rugby that SA is +23 at the bookies.... thats the sad state of affairs we face. But its a state of SA sport that is sadly becoming a reality. The once mighty and feared Springboks are relegated to be classed as "second division" by the likes of Nick Mallett..... :blush:  :(

And Mallett was being kind.

The two sides swopped positions after this past weekend:

http://www.rugby365.com/uploads/image/asset/39040/world-rankings-september-12-650-600.jpg

I boycotted the 2nd half on Saturday - cleaned my bike instead.

i did exactly the same thing, and went to ride before the game even ended. 

life is too short to be wasting your time watching the springfloks 

LOL, he's never been known for his kicking skills. So instead of telling a ferrari to go 4x4 offroad, why not let Goosen and/or Combrinck (when he was still fit) help with the kicking duties? Barret's goal kicking percentage is just as low as Jantjies. But the difference is the AB's gives him freedom to play his natural attacking game whereas jantjies is boxed in by AC.

Look, as brilliant as Jantjies was for the Lions, I would probably still prefer Lambie ahead of him. IF he's been playing some rugby and performing well, I don't want another player there on reputation only. Our problem is we don't have anyone else at the moment. 

Lambie most overrated player in SA.

Give Jantjies time, they Boks are not gonna be champions over night...

Jantjies and Faf, probably of the main reasons of the Lions success, coached by Ackerman and freedom to play their game, come into Toetie's team and told to do well uhm, I'm still not sure. and then they play terrible week in week out...

Clear evidence that's its not necessarily them/or their form, there was an international window during the super rugby, they were both average in those games, Jantjies below average, then Man of the Match performances to get them into the Finals against the Canes.

Lambie most overrated player in SA.

Give Jantjies time, they Boks are not gonna be champions over night...

Jantjies and Faf, probably of the main reasons of the Lions success, coached by Ackerman and freedom to play their game, come into Toetie's team and told to do well uhm, I'm still not sure. and then they play terrible week in week out...

Clear evidence that's its not necessarily them/or their form, there was an international window during the super rugby, they were both average in those games, Jantjies below average, then Man of the Match performances to get them into the Finals against the Canes.

I've also wondered about Lambie. I honestly can't remember when last I saw him play a match winning game? On the other hand I can recall a few super rugby games this year where Jantjies was on fire. I think Lambie, like a couple other SA players are just very hyped up by the SA media. Poster boy Lambie with his no dandruff hair vs shocking haircut and ugly goatee Jantjies (plus all the tattoos). Jantjies isn't everyone's cup of tea...

But if Jantjies is struggling I wouldn't hesitate promoting Lambie again