Rugby...

'Dale

I think it was more soccer world cup style lobbying and promises under the table rather than any silent statement against anything. The exact thing the independent assessment was supposed to stop.

We should announce the Southern Kings team to play France on the weekend and wish them good luck in selling those tickets.

Ok, maybe I'm a bit bitter.

Well SA has got very good experience in that field.  They should have pulled Danny Jordaan on the team to secure the bid.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a nett gain to the economy, silly

Not if you calculate the net loss that the investigations, hearings, corporate fines, golden handshakes and currency devaluation that the corruption will bring with it.

Well SA has got very good experience in that field.  They should have pulled Danny Jordaan on the team to secure the bid. :ph34r:  :whistling: 

Fixed it for you

I think it was more soccer world cup style lobbying and promises under the table rather than any silent statement against anything. The exact thing the independent assessment was supposed to stop.

We should announce the Southern Kings team to play France on the weekend and wish them good luck in selling those tickets.

Ok, maybe I'm a bit bitter.

We will never know will we.... But France were voted second in the preliminary report and the voters then chose them...i.e... Next in line. If there was skulduggery on the table.. Then why didn't that all happen before the initial report?

- The bid which receives a simple majority of the 39 available votes will be named as the host for Rugby World Cup 2023.

- Those eligible to vote in the secret ballot will be Australia (3 votes), England (3), New Zealand (3), Scotland (3), Wales (3), Italy (3), Argentina (3), Canada (1), Japan (2), Georgia (1), Romania (1), USA (1), Asia Rugby (2), Oceania Rugby (2), Rugby Africa (2), Rugby Americas North (2), Rugby Europe (2), Sudamerica Rugby (2).

voting went

France 18, Sa 13, Ireland 8

Rd II - France 24, SA 15.

Can assume Aus, Arg and NZ voted for us - 9pts

Africa - 2pts

that's 11 points.

And of the 8 that voted with ireland initially, only 2 moved to us.

will be interesting to see if it's announced.

BUT, since SA had it in 1995, there are 6 tournaments till 2023

France hosted in 2007, then 3 tournaments.

I reckon it will be like FIFA, when we got schnaaied in 2006, everyone had to vote for us the next time around.

- The bid which receives a simple majority of the 39 available votes will be named as the host for Rugby World Cup 2023.

- Those eligible to vote in the secret ballot will be Australia (3 votes), England (3), New Zealand (3), Scotland (3), Wales (3), Italy (3), Argentina (3), Canada (1), Japan (2), Georgia (1), Romania (1), USA (1), Asia Rugby (2), Oceania Rugby (2), Rugby Africa (2), Rugby Americas North (2), Rugby Europe (2), Sudamerica Rugby (2).

voting went

France 18, Sa 13, Ireland 8

Rd II - France 24, SA 15.

Can assume Aus, Arg and NZ voted for us - 9pts

Africa - 2pts

that's 11 points.

And of the 8 that voted with ireland initially, only 2 moved to us.

will be interesting to see if it's announced.

BUT, since SA had it in 1995, there are 6 tournaments till 2023

France hosted in 2007, then 3 tournaments.

I reckon it will be like FIFA, when we got schnaaied in 2006, everyone had to vote for us the next time around.

Not had to vote.  There was alot of bribe money also involved with that.  Danny got fingered in these dealings not too long ago.

To be 100% honest, if I had to vote TODAY, with the current turmoil we are facing, if I had to vote purely for what is best for the RUGBY WORLD CUP, I also would have voted against SA, mostly because France and Ireland both appear to have a much more stable looking period ahead of them running up to the tournament. It doesn't mean I don't love this place, but I can understand it.

We will never know will we.... But France were voted second in the preliminary report and the voters then chose them...i.e... Next in line. If there was skulduggery on the table.. Then why didn't that all happen before the initial report?

Well, the initial report didn't leave room for negotiations like vote for us and we will give you an extra tour game in 2020 etc because it was done independently.

Or that was the idea.

To be 100% honest, if I had to vote TODAY, with the current turmoil we are facing, if I had to vote purely for what is best for the RUGBY WORLD CUP, I also would have voted against SA, mostly because France and Ireland both appear to have a much more stable looking period ahead of them running up to the tournament. It doesn't mean I don't love this place, but I can understand it.

Oh so true.. And exactly what we were discussing here. How much influence would a frikkin coup happening on the doorstep of one of the potential candidates have had on a voter. It would have affected my thinking I can tell you that!

Yes France is very stable........with potential terrorist attacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SARU inefficiencies coming home to roost...I think it's a disgrace that they have been rewarded with the 2023 world cup when they have done nothing for rugby in the past 20 years

FWIW, it hasn’t been awarded yet... member nations get to vote first and the result announced on Wednesday coming.

Yeah.. But it's almost a given that the recommended country gets it... But let's wait and see

Exactly how I thought it would play out... much like the way the team plays currently - good on paper, but not good enough on the day it counts.

Yes France is very stable........with potential terrorist attacks!

I am sure one can find an issue with every country, but when you start saying that France is a more dangerous country than South Africa, how is somebody supposed to take you seriously?