Rugby...

'Dale

As with anything in life, rugby playing styles need to evolve to stay relevant.

We are suffering because we have failed to evolve from the boring, yet slightly effective at the time, playing style that Meyer introduced.

Removing Alistair will not be a quick fix, I am sure it will help but, at some point the players need to take responsibility for their kakkness too.

Agreed.. But the longer we run around like headless chickens.. right now we continuously switch between back line play and forward play... There has been zero game plan for the past 2 years

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've said this before but forget the "style" :nuke: , I'd like the guys just to be able to catch a high ball and kick it into touch more than 25m from where they are positioned.  Oh, and I'd love them to actually find the touch line from penalties 100% of the time :devil: .

I think I've said this before but forget the "style" :nuke: , I'd like the guys just to be able to catch a high ball and kick it into touch more than 25m from where they are positioned.  Oh, and I'd love them to actually find the touch line from penalties 100% of the time :devil: .

And not kicking the ball into touch 3 minutes before full time when they are only 2 points behind.  :cursing:

Wales must have thought Christmas came early when that happened.

Edited by Moridin

“It’s incredible that SA Rugby are hiring people without even asking them to apply for positions. Rassie Erasmus didn’t apply to become the director of rugby, he was appointed. No-one is saying he’s not good enough, but the job was never advertised. Allister was given the Bok job, he didn’t apply for it. He didn’t have to do a presentation on his vision for the team. Which big corporation appoints a CEO without going through due process?”

Jake White

News24

When AC took over we were ranked 3rd in the world, we are now 6th and AC claims we making progress. He maintains we are doing better than last year, then how is it we now sit further down the ranks than when we started this year. ??

Edited by scotty

When AC took over we were ranked 3rd in the world, we are now 6th and AC claims we making progress. He maintains we are doing better than last year, then how is it we now sit further down the ranks than when we started this year. ??

did you see last year's results?

I think what he meant to say was, we are less *** this year

did you see last year's results?

I think what he meant to say was, we are less *** this year

IMO we are just as k@:k this year if not worse and the drop in rankings shows this. We have not beaten a team ranked higher than us, with all our wins coming from teams lower than us, 4 of our matches have been against France who have fielded the worst side they have in years, wins over Argentina and Italy (5 points adrift from us when the AB's are 10) are not exactly high five wins,  Wales fielding a B team still beat us. 

Edited by scotty

IMO we are just as k@:k this year if not worse and the drop in rankings shows this. We have not beaten a team ranked higher than us, with all our wins coming from teams lower than us, 4 of our matches have been against France who have fielded the worst side they have in years, wins over Argentina and Italy (5 points adrift from us when the AB's are 10) are not exactly high five wins,  Wales fielding a B team still beat us. 

The downhill slide will continue to accelerate unless swift and decisive decisons and actions are made and taken by Saru. As they have been appearing more and more to be a cANCer lapdog this is highly unlikely to happen :(

IMO we are just as k@:k this year if not worse and the drop in rankings shows this. We have not beaten a team ranked higher than us, with all our wins coming from teams lower than us, 4 of our matches have been against France who have fielded the worst side they have in years, wins over Argentina and Italy (5 points adrift from us when the AB's are 10) are not exactly high five wins, Wales fielding a B team still beat us.

it's flogging a dead horse. Let's just say we did better this year, but coming from a low base.

Home internationals 16/17

Ireland 2-1/ France 3-0

Rugby champs

Won 2 lost 4/ won 2 drew 2 lost 2

Nhemisphre tour

Draw 1 lost 3/ won 2 lost 2

Both are still crap, this year was less crap. We even had an unbeaten run 6 games!

“It’s incredible that SA Rugby are hiring people without even asking them to apply for positions. Rassie Erasmus didn’t apply to become the director of rugby, he was appointed. No-one is saying he’s not good enough, but the job was never advertised. Allister was given the Bok job, he didn’t apply for it. He didn’t have to do a presentation on his vision for the team. Which big corporation appoints a CEO without going through due process?”

Jake White

News24

it's incredible that Jake White has an opinion on appointments when all he does is walk out of jobs

How is Jurie Roux still in his job? Hasn't he been implicated in R30 million fraud when at the University of Stellenbosch?

it's incredible that Jake White has an opinion on appointments when all he does is walk out of jobs

Jake White is the Ollie Le Roux of coaches

You are right that SA were 3rd when AC took over (Autumn 2016), but they were 6th at the start of this year.

So last year they dropped 3 places and this year they stayed the same - that is progress, in AC’s eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right that SA were 3rd when AC took over (Autumn 2016), but they were 6th at the start of this year.

So last year they dropped 3 places and this year they stayed the same - that is progress, in AC’s eyes.

Yes, I fail to see why people are moaning - he moved the team three places !!!!

Alistair Coetzee. The Kenny Africa of rugby coaches