How profitable is the Epic for Kevin Vermaak (really)?

whats the entry now R 38 000 ?

200 teams = R7 600 000 .

take away all running costs staff payments ect ect . i will guess he putts R 500 000 in is pocket, so R41666 per month . good job to have , hard work but cool.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is more likely at least 500 of the 600 teams paying for entry. For the priviledged few there are some nice freebies.

h's always made no bones about it being a business, good for him, at least he's not shouting "charity" left right and centre and then raking in big 'operating expenses' into a swiss bank account.......

I find it amazing that everyone is interested in what he makes. Its got sweet F all to do with any of you. What he makes is his business he isnt a politician or a JSE listed executive that has to account for his lifestyle. He had an idea, he made it happen, he gets rewarded just like any other entrepreneur. He sells a product/service that people can purchase or not, just like every other business. He deserves every cent he makes you think its easy pulling off an event of this magnitude. Please anyone who "wants to know what he makes do tell us what YOU make and how u make it?......hmmmmm thought so,

200 teams = R7 600 000 .

take away all running costs staff payments ect ect . i will guess he putts R 500 000 in is pocket, so R41666 per month . good job to have , hard work but cool.

What staff payments?

I thought I might get involved being a volunteer as I will never ride the Epic. Was willing to rock up, help, soak up the atmosphere etc. So reading up, you have to pay R3,500, attend workshops, etc. No thanks.

200 teams = R7 600 000 .

I reckon he's making significantly more than that. Good for him though. He has a highly desirable product. And he's the only one selling it.

I reckon he's making significantly more than that. Good for him though. He has a highly desirable product. And he's the only one selling it.

I agree

If he is making anything less than a bar he needs to relook at the model

I find it amazing that everyone is interested in what he makes. Its got sweet F all to do with any of you. What he makes is his business he isnt a politician or a JSE listed executive that has to account for his lifestyle. He had an idea, he made it happen, he gets rewarded just like any other entrepreneur. He sells a product/service that people can purchase or not, just like every other business. He deserves every cent he makes you think its easy pulling off an event of this magnitude. Please anyone who "wants to know what he makes do tell us what YOU make and how u make it?......hmmmmm thought so,

I make F...all ..the wife takes it all...lol

I find it amazing that everyone is interested in what he makes. Its got sweet F all to do with any of you. ..rant, rant,

The question is always asked about people in the spotlight. We cry about the SAA's boss,Eskom's boss, C(ricket)SA's boss, JZ who make plenty of money. We speculate.

I'll tell you what I make a year, but I don't want you to go green as well. :P

The epic is interesting to me as someone who trades on user-experience.

Most of my work is centred around experience design - and making the customer experience as painless as possible.

For Kevin the more pain involved in getting from point A to point B the more cash people throw at him. Genius

I thin most people want to know what one would earn for essentially a vocation ...

200 teams = R7 600 000 .

Apart from rider entry fees and smaller sponsorships, major sponsorships include....

Absa sponsorship for 2012 = R8 000 000

Exxaro sponsorship for 2012 = R5 000 000

That is not quite how it works.

There are costs and there is income of which sponsorships form a part

You balance the books and make sure you make a profit

Normal business practice

profit / loss does it really matter (in the cape epics case).......cash flow is the heart beat and he gets his cash way upfront.

The epic is interesting to me as someone who trades on user-experience.

Most of my work is centred around experience design - and making the customer experience as painless as possible.

For Kevin the more pain involved in getting from point A to point B the more cash people throw at him. Genius

how do we go about getting a roadie version for this ... oh wait, roadies are sof .... lets not go there. :nuke:

but in all seriousness, why is there not a roadie version ?

how do we go about getting a roadie version for this ... oh wait, roadies are sof .... lets not go there. :nuke:

but in all seriousness, why is there not a roadie version ?

Panarama ??

I don't care how much the organizers put in their pocket.What I have seen is that it's superbly run,and if my body and wallet will allow it,I will seriously consider entering.Some of the terrain is frightening,and the climbs never ending.So hats off to all the organizers-Great event, you all deserve a medal. The only fly in the ointment- more television coverage please!