Coffee machine

Deluxe Coffee Roasters in town R170 per kg. Always fresh as well

Is it organic? Bargain if it is!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Organic doesn't mean much. Also fair trade is a farce rather go for direct trade if you can. Most roasters get from the same supplier in South Africa so very little difference.

Nice guys at Mastertons, I often get coffee from there.

Yes, I agree.  I know Jake the Snake from way, way back.  More interested in beers than coffee then I promise!

On my second jar from "The Darling Roast", located in Mall of the South but have a restaurant other side the N1 (Past tedderfield).

Very nice Medium roast blend, round R85 / 250g.

I'm looking to buy a coffee making machine but don't know much about them.Could anyone please give me some advice on brands and what I should look out for in terms of their offering.

Ideally I want a "foamer" included and obviously one that can change the strength of the coffee.

My budget would be around R2500.

I have a Dulco Gusto great coffee maker cold and warm nice before bike ride

Yes, I agree.  I know Jake the Snake from way, way back.  More interested in beers than coffee then I promise!

Surprisingly they seem to prefer tea to coffee in that store.

I suppose the smell of roasting coffee can get to you after a while, its what I love most about that store though.

I have a Dulco Gusto great coffee maker cold and warm nice before bike ride

I find it super impressive that you managed to respond to post one of a thread with 3500+ posts in it :D

Were those machines around then?

I want some advice on where to get coffee beans - I like a dark roast - Italian. Like the Illy in the tins but they are expensive. Any sites or shops that can be recommended.

What is the optimum quantity to buy beans, or put another way do they have a best before date ?

I am using a bean to cup Delonghi machine.

Try the woolies beans - they are pretty dark roasted - just be aware that they change flavour after a couple of weeks - not my favorite beans but taste is personal.

Just watch out for grinder issues with oily dark roasts - smaller grinders get dirty and rancid pretty easily - which on a super auto is a pain to clean. Happens on big grinders too, but they are designed to be cleaned fairly easily.

Nice - weird name though - Tea... solid machine - you will be happy - what grinder are you pairing it with?

My new toy..

Surprisingly they seem to prefer tea to coffee in that store.

I suppose the smell of roasting coffee can get to you after a while, its what I love most about that store though.

You should also try Roastmasters - another local roaster in PE - let me know if you cant find them - I know where they are - just not what the exact address is...

Try the woolies beans - they are pretty dark roasted - just be aware that they change flavour after a couple of weeks - not my favorite beans but taste is personal.

Just watch out for grinder issues with oily dark roasts - smaller grinders get dirty and rancid pretty easily - which on a super auto is a pain to clean. Happens on big grinders too, but they are designed to be cleaned fairly easily.

+1 on the Woolies beans changing flavour. Too quickly for my liking.

I find their beans on the shelf are usually halfway between production date and expiry date. I.C.E. purchase only.

Edited by geraldm24

You should also try Roastmasters - another local roaster in PE - let me know if you cant find them - I know where they are - just not what the exact address is...

Will definitely look them up before I head to PE again.

Nothing like the smell of roasting coffee.