Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Hi AlanD

I've only rode around the block, but the steering is very sharp and responsive. Haven't done a proper longer ride, but I'm in a much more upright position which I prefer (lower back problems and 2 vertebrae seized)

Ok cool. Glad it helped you position. I remember when I changed to a shorter stem, was so good and had more control and the bike just went where I wanted it to go and I felt like a better rider that I actually am...hahaha

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay cool. Not as narrow as it looked. If you do feel the need to go wider, go for the rapide bar. Farking strong and reasonably light. Cheap as chips as well

Agree on the rapid bar. Myles, what would happen if I go from a 60mm stem to something shorter? Should I, would it be beneficial?

Agree on the rapid bar. Myles, what would happen if I go from a 60mm stem to something shorter? Should I, would it be beneficial?

It would enable you to get further behind the saddle on the tech bits, and sharpen the steering.

Little bit of illness-induced internet spending...

Frame & tyre colour combo is an acquired taste, but keen to see if the Vittorias are as supple as they are said to be.

... and yes, that steerer tube needs to be trimmed a.s.a.p!

post-31412-0-17435200-1445536182_thumb.jpeg

post-31412-0-69208100-1445536414_thumb.jpeg

It would enable you to get further behind the saddle on the tech bits, and sharpen the steering.

Ok cool, thanks. Might experiment a bit sometime.

I'll have to get green Spez undies to match these now! my red ones won't quite do the trick.

attachicon.gifIMG_7658.JPG

Awesome! From where if I may ask? I have been looking for the same shoes but got told only the black/grey ones will be brought in. 

Awesome! From where if I may ask? I have been looking for the same shoes but got told only the black/grey ones will be brought in. 

Alas..your research is correct. :thumbdown:

I don't know why this decision was made, to only bring in the black/grey ones, which are still really cool..but the green ones are so much nicer. :drool:

digression over....

My folks were overseas now and I got hold of a, sorry the, Spez dealer in Madeira who had stock. 

Alas..your research is correct. :thumbdown:

I don't know why this decision was made, to only bring in the black/grey ones, which are still really cool..but the green ones are so much nicer. :drool:

digression over....

My folks were overseas now and I got hold of a, sorry the, Spez dealer in Madeira who had stock. 

sigh....guess I will have to make do with the black/grey ones. 

sigh....guess I will have to make do with the black/grey ones. 

unless you know someone going overseas?

it's a fair penny to spend to be "sort of" content :mellow:

unless you know someone going overseas?

it's a fair penny to spend to be "sort of" content :mellow:

Nope, no luck there, nobody I know is going overseas any time soon, will have to wait a bit.