Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. What made you go for the 42 instead of the 40?

Just wanted that granny gear for those steep climbs, I'm getting stronger but want to make a smooth transition into 1x10

Not so much as a purchase, but a gift.... a special gift... in any case it's a lot more interesting to look at than 72 black DTSwiss revolution spokes... :)

post-29797-0-32339100-1448716484_thumb.jpg

If you are ever in London and need a place to work on your bike, look them up - http://www.lbk.org.uk/

Guest notmyname

Not so much as a purchase, but a gift.... a special gift... in any case it's a lot more interesting to look at than 72 black DTSwiss revolution spokes... :)

LBK small.jpg

If you are ever in London and need a place to work on your bike, look them up - http://www.lbk.org.uk/

What an awesome concept. Would it work in sunny old SA..? Hmm, I wonder..?

Collecting tomorrow

Myles how is this setup treating you?

Thinking about going GX shifter and RD with a sunrace cassette. Works out quite reasonable.

Myles how is this setup treating you?

Thinking about going GX shifter and RD with a sunrace cassette. Works out quite reasonable.

Don't know yet. Getting the cassette today, as Coolheat needed to get the cassette to the shop and couldn't deliver by the time I collected the rest of the stuff.

From what I've felt though, the GX kit is BEAUTIFUL. Crisp shifts (it's all mounted apart from the cassette and chain) and a wonderful shifting action. 

The only reason I went shimano cassette is cos the XD driver for my hub would have pushed it slightly over budget. Plus there's no reason not to mix and match cassettes & chains with different shifting mechanics. SRAM reps even recommend it to keep cost down. Shimano have been building cassettes for a LOOOONG time.