Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I'm hoping that all the "your eyes will open" "it all makes sense" analogies are true.

trust me on ONE thing .... GET A FAN !!  :whistling:

Looking at my trail times .... I am starting this summer with BETTER times than what I had before the winter !  :thumbup:   (okay, that was before losing 2 weeks of saddle time due to the flu...)

PS - also the perfect way to get on the bike after the flu.  YOU determine your intensity, while monitoring your hart rate.  And you are home if you have to bail out mid-ride .....

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me on ONE thing .... GET A FAN !! :whistling:

Looking at my trail times .... I am starting this summer with BETTER times than what I had before the winter ! :thumbup: (okay, that was before losing 2 weeks of saddle time due to the flu...)

PS - also the perfect way to get on the bike after the flu. YOU determine your intensity, while monitoring your hart rate. And you are home if you have to bail out mid-ride .....

noted. I've been spinning through the winter and that's already made a huge difference. This will be to add a little more. I'm not obsessed. Edited by Duane_Bosch

SNAP!!!!

I just bought that exact same bike. Arrived here about 2 weeks ago  :clap:  :clap:

Haven't had much chance to ride it though unfortunately because I was doing a bike tour through the Klein Karoo on my other MTB for the last week.

Hard life you've got

Get a TrainerRoad membership with it, you won't regret, value for money, return on time spend on it you can't beat.

G

noted. I've been spinning through the winter and that's already made a huge difference. This will be to add a little more. I'm not obsessed.

Steven.

I'm using my old HT frame, and things I had laying around.

Only new items on the bike is the tires, cassette, rear derailer, chainring, chain, and a few other bobs and bits. Bike was sprayed with rattle cans.

Mating my old 10spd 105 Shifters to a 9spd Shimano rear derailer, running a 36x11-32 ratio.

Only going to be using bike on gravel roads and for training on road when the roads are wet, in order to spare my two "decent" bikes from unnecessary wear and tear.

Progress so far, should be able to button it up during the week. Still needs cables, pedals and maybe a new BB. (old one is gritty, but will see if I can clean it out) Steerer to be cut and new spacers fitted. 

post-87-0-62388100-1569909143_thumb.jpg

post-87-0-31921600-1569909167_thumb.jpg

Steven.

I'm using my old HT frame, and things I had laying around.

Only new items on the bike is the tires, cassette, rear derailer, chainring, chain, and a few other bobs and bits. Bike was sprayed with rattle cans.

Mating my old 10spd 105 Shifters to a 9spd Shimano rear derailer, running a 36x11-32 ratio.

Only going to be using bike on gravel roads and for training on road when the roads are wet, in order to spare my two "decent" bikes from unnecessary wear and tear.

Progress so far, should be able to button it up during the week. Still needs cables, pedals and maybe a new BB. (old one is gritty, but will see if I can clean it out) Steerer to be cut and new spacers fitted. 

attachicon.gifgravelbike1.jpg

attachicon.gifgravelbike2.jpg

Nice, what frame did you use?

Nice, what frame did you use?

It was branded OTEC here in ZA, but is actually a Haibike frame.

Alu, quite light and very sturdy.

The emminent release of the Fenix 6 means I could get a 5 on the cheap to replace my dead ForeRunner 35. 

Don't get me wrong, the 6 is amazing and all, but R7k was a lot easier to "justify" spending than R13k would be. 

The emminent release of the Fenix 6 means I could get a 5 on the cheap to replace my dead ForeRunner 35. 

Don't get me wrong, the 6 is amazing and all, but R7k was a lot easier to "justify" spending than R13k would be. 

I agree, yet there are still people advertising Fenix 5's for R8k plus.

Market for 5's is disappearing quickly. 

See they are on sale pretty much everywhere.

Same will happen to GoPr's with the launch of the new 8 I reckon.

Will be a fair amount of bargains soon:)

I agree, yet there are still people advertising Fenix 5's for R8k plus.

Market for 5's is disappearing quickly. 

See they are on sale pretty much everywhere.

Same will happen to GoPr's with the launch of the new 8 I reckon.

Will be a fair amount of bargains soon:)

wait for Black Friday