Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm guessing here, but that bike doesn't strike me as caring about going fast. It looks more like it wants to do a full frontal assault on as much tech as it can gobble up during a ride. To me resembles the kind of bike that wants to get rowdy, party bike style. 

What Like a Downhill Hardtail King of Thing ?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cclayford said:

Finally finished my 2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon build on Saturday 🙌🏻 So stoked on how well it turned out. Decided to go the 27.5+ route. So far the bike feels amazing 👌🏻

Image.jpeg

Image[1].jpeg

Image[2].jpeg

Very, very nice. I've just pretty much done the same thing but am running 29 & 2.6 but am on the lookout for some nice wide 27.5 wheels and some phat plus rubber. What are the specs on these wheels?  

2 hours ago, cclayford said:

Finally finished my 2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon build on Saturday 🙌🏻 So stoked on how well it turned out. Decided to go the 27.5+ route. So far the bike feels amazing 👌🏻

Image.jpeg

Image[1].jpeg

Image[2].jpeg

Looks like a little awesome dirt jumper 👌🏻😁

59 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm guessing here, but that bike doesn't strike me as caring about going fast. It looks more like it wants to do a full frontal assault on as much tech as it can gobble up during a ride. To me resembles the kind of bike that wants to get rowdy, party bike style. 

That’s right. I’ve set it up for maximum fun. Put the sliding dropouts all the way forward for a 415mm chainstay length. I don’t care about Strava times. All I want is to pop off of any rock or root on the trail 🤘🏻

23 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Very, very nice. I've just pretty much done the same thing but am running 29 & 2.6 but am on the lookout for some nice wide 27.5 wheels and some phat plus rubber. What are the specs on these wheels?  

I’m running Sun Ringle Duroc 40 wheels, with an inner rim width of 36mm.

Out goes the Niner MCR9 Gravel build and in comes the frankly awesome Shand Shug steel Hardtail from Scotland (via PTA) with 853 main triangle and custom italian Dedacciai rear triangle.  

• 130mm travel
• 64 degree head angle 
• Ability to run as 29x2.6 or 27.5x3 plus sized love

Wider bars, shorter stem and some Sam Hill flats are going on tomorrow and Tokai time on Wednesday! Sell the 170mm enduro rig on Thursday. 😝

Thanks goes out to @1x1 for being a legend, a great deal and getting down to CT.

Shand.jpg

22 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Out goes the Niner MCR9 Gravel build and in comes the frankly awesome Shand Shug steel Hardtail from Scotland (via PTA) with 853 main triangle and custom italian Dedacciai rear triangle.  

• 130mm travel
• 64 degree head angle 
• Ability to run as 29x2.6 or 27.5x3 plus sized love

Wider bars, shorter stem and some Sam Hill flats are going on tomorrow and Tokai time on Wednesday! Sell the 170mm enduro rig on Thursday. 😝

Thanks goes out to @1x1 for being a legend, a great deal and getting down to CT.

Shand.jpg

Nice! 👌🏻 I had my eye on this one, but the size large would have been too big for me 😅

Thats a quality frame. Enjoy!

14 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Looks like a little awesome dirt jumper 👌🏻😁

That's What I thought Originally But Dirt Jumpers don't have Gears 🙉

It's a Nice Bike Anyway, Very Photogenic. 👍

41 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

That's What I thought Originally But Dirt Jumpers don't have Gears 🙉

It's a Nice Bike Anyway, Very Photogenic. 👍

I know that's why said looks like because of how short it looks 😁 should be fun on the trails 👍🏻

22 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

What Like a Downhill Hardtail King of Thing ?

I am not sure I'd want to ride downhill on a hardtail. But maybe not even enduro. I will just like to ride some black and deep blue trails on a bike like that for the pure raw fun it looks like it wants to have.

I won't build up a bike of that nature to go ride flowy, meandering singletrack on manicured trails. That might just bore me to tears.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am not sure I'd want to ride downhill on a hardtail. But maybe not even enduro. I will just like to ride some black and deep blue trails on a bike like that for the pure raw fun it looks like it wants to have.

I won't build up a bike of that nature to go ride flowy, meandering singletrack on manicured trails. That might just bore me to tears.

@Robbie Stewart You have already got the Correct Bike for all your needs.

Sometimes Peer Pressure can be Daunting. I Like the Bike it's Good Looking and All That.

I personally would not benefit from having one.

I've Already Tried All sorts of things on my Big Nine but it works best as standard.

21 hours ago, cclayford said:

Nice! 👌🏻 I had my eye on this one, but the size large would have been too big for me 😅

Thats a quality frame. Enjoy!

I’m just on the cusp for height to be honest but looks super fun so just decided to go for it and hope the larger size added longer reach.

Courtesy of a pulley bolt stripping itself, upgraded from the 5800 to 7000.

Will McGyver repair the old one and keep as spare. 

Its been an expensive month for me w.r.t. cycling.

SHIMANO 105 Short Cage Rear Derailleur 11-speed | SHIMANO BIKE-EU

EDIT !!!!!!

Please see the end of this thread for possible issue

Edited by The Ouzo

Thanks Ebay! Just threw a cheeky offer (I's actually say bordering on the helluva cheeky) on this 2017 Tranny Smuggler that got excepted. 

• Full invisi-taped
• -1 degree headset
• one lady owner (apparently)
• 75.5 degrees seat angle
• 67.5 standard HA / 66.5 with headset
• 115mm of trail crushing bounce at the back and a 140mm fork waiting to be fitted. 

Now looking for a CC il Coil that will fit as that could be alot of fun! s-l1600.jpg.aef0f9b5f712fb41007b56f53adcf67a.jpg