Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

"New" shop (was usually at Waterglen shopping centre) at Atterbury Value Mart next to Builder's Warehouse (Pretoors). Cheap-cheap, less than 200 Mandelas

I was in that shop this afternoon.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am super excited cause I just ordered a new road bike today :)

Its a Lapierre Xelius EFi 800

Here is a picture of what it will look like, although this one is not mine,

still have to wait a little while

post-55381-0-17732300-1397577982_thumb.jpg

not quite a purchase but

Our first daughter, Zoe, got delivered to us yesterday

Congratulations man, now the fun starts.

You going to be playing with the big boys and girls up there.

Yip. Already have this past weekend too :)

It is amazing to see how these guys that have actually achieved SO much can be so down to earth and supporting.

That is 1 of 2 such trips coming. If we cant have fun, why do it at all hey. :clap:

Guest Travis.

This thread makes me sad for human kind. People buying lots of expensive stuff, but can't spare a R50 for someone in need. It was plain to see who took out cash when Jacques needed some funds.

But, I guess everyone is all about me me and not how a little money from me can make a huge difference to someone who doesn't have.

It is amazing to see how these guys that have actually achieved SO much can be so down to earth and supporting.

That is 1 of 2 such trips coming. If we cant have fun, why do it at all hey. :clap:

Did you compete this past weekend ?

I hope you served your country well.

I firmly believe that you saw their PR faces. As you walked away, they will mutter f@cking wannabe under their breath.

I have raced amongst the pro peloton in SA. Malcolm Lange didn't compliment me on my new shoes on the start line, he rather told me that he was going to kick my ass in the race. He kept his promise every time.

Competition at that level takes no prisoners. Its a tough environment.

This thread makes me sad for human kind. People buying lots of expensive stuff, but can't spare a R50 for someone in need. It was plain to see who took out cash when Jacques needed some funds.

But, I guess everyone is all about me me and not how a little money from me can make a huge difference to someone who doesn't have.

Unfortunatly there are MANY people in need.

I am happy about how many hubbers paid a lot of money for this one child.

I know I didn't contibute to him specifically because I saw that his 'dream' (the one that can be bought with money) will be met with the effort that went into it by the hubbers.

I myself prefer to help the kids that does not get the exposure he did (Exactly the reason why I will never give a cent to the AIDS/HIV foundation). I prefer not to voice my donations I make because I dont like getting a tap on the back. (If you want to know if anyone here that spend money on bikes and trips also donate money to good causes maybe send them a PM instead of accusing them to be just about "me me".)

Last thought.....I think being able to spend (ones own) money on bike things makes one more greatful than to sit on the couch each day. I am greatful that I have the opertunity to do such things and enjoy it. With this feeling I can give with a happy heart. (You can't give if your pot is empty - and here I refer to non-material things.)

:)

1600km of abuse and they're going strong. And they have not been babied at all. In fact I'm heading to the bike park again this weekend.

NICE! I see they're pretty well priced as well. Any problems with shipping? Looking at getting the hookless 33mm clinchers when I have the available cash.

NICE! I see they're pretty well priced as well. Any problems with shipping? Looking at getting the hookless 33mm clinchers when I have the available cash.

No problems when I ordered them (about a year ago). They took about 3 weeks to arrive. One customisation I did request was an extra wrap of carbon for the rear rim. So the front was about 385g and the rear 415g, IIRC.