Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

In other words, marketing material and loads of bull excrement to deflect from the effects of geometry on a bike's performance?

I'm only referring to the impact on the market when I make that comparison. But I truly believe it is a far superior product in so many ways.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a detailed ride review is necessary. I am actually contemplating a new thread where others can share their views/experiences as more move over to Di2.

Let me just say this for now... nothing even comes close. Is it worth the +30k? If you have the cash, without a doubt. If you don't have the cash, wait for the XT trickle down.

The shift from mechanical to electric is going to be like the shift from 26ers to 29ers.

Tell me you didn't just bring the wheel debate into a Di2 discussion... Face. Palm.

Tell me you didn't just bring the wheel debate into a Di2 discussion... Face. Palm.

And it's not even Friday!!! I was battling to find a comparison as to how big an impact it will have on the industry. It is all I could come up with.

And it's not even Friday!!! I was battling to find a comparison as to how big an impact it will have on the industry. It is all I could come up with.

If it were Friday it would become a #Enduro vs XCO vs Marathon vs 26r vs 29r vs Di2 mud slinging contest before tea time.

What about the Di2 impact in the road genre as a comparison?...

I bigger wheel can be brought to the market in many price points - cheaper rims, cheaper hubs, cheaper 'rest of the bike', etc etc... Di2 less so. I think it's impact will be on and amongst high level groupsets not generally across all groupsets as with wheel size impacting across the spectrum.

Very interested to read a hands on actual user review so please post when possible.

Edited by Ryanpmb

If it were Friday it would become a #Enduro vs XCO vs Marathon vs 26r vs 29r vs Di2 mud slinging contest before tea time.

What about the Di2 impact in the road genre as a comparison?...

I bigger wheel can be brought to the market in many price points - cheaper rims, cheaper hubs, cheaper 'rest of the bike', etc etc... Di2 less so. I think it's impact will be on and amongst high level groupsets not generally across all groupsets as with wheel size impacting across the spectrum.

Very interested to read a hands on actual user review so please post when possible.

I think electrics in MTB will have a much bigger impact than road. Reason - ease of maintenance in a harsher environment. Just think how much simpler life will be on a stage race when you don't have to worry about trimming your gears to get clean changes. No barrel adjustments.

Also consider that the expected battery life for road electric is about 1000kms. For MTB electric it is 300kms. That is because of far greater gear change for MTB compared to road.

I'll post a new thread soon.

Guest notmyname

I was going to boast but Eskom ended that. 20150612_180840.jpg

It's an slx crank, XT Cassette and chain plus all the goodies needed for a 1x conversion. I've stripped all the non essential items off by candle light(how romantic :) ) and mag light. But that's as far as I'm going. Early start tomorrow and with any luck I'll still get a ride in. Load shedding again tomorrow from 18h00-22h00. Lekker hey... love this place man.

It's an slx crank, XT Cassette and chain plus all the goodies needed for a 1x conversion. I've stripped all the non essential items off by candle light(how romantic :) ) and mag light. But that's as far as I'm going. Early start tomorrow and with any luck I'll still get a ride in. Load shedding again tomorrow from 18h00-22h00. Lekker hey... love this place man.

We're the same in parktown north... and Sunday as well by the way. Where you based?

Hi hubbers, I have a friend who lives in Wierda park, Centurion and I would like to know where he can look for mtb's in that area or cloese by.

Edited by BSG