Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Lucky kid.

Some pretty trick parts on that bike!

He wants to give xco a good go when he gets to high school next year and his current bike is very very heavy..

Figured put good parts on a blank frame would maybe be the better option for now.. as it can always be rebuilt onto another frame later if he outgrows this frame.

The frork can be set to 100mm or 120mm so there is that versatility there.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking bike but I think you might want to slam that stem.

Jip, slam the stem and turn the bars around, or fit flat bars.

edit= B.T.W. great looking bike.

Edited by Wannabe

Great looking bike but I think you might want to slam that stem.

Yip.. still lots to be done.. hasn't been setup yet.. came fresh from the LBS a little while ago.. hubby stopped to show me..

He doesn't know that the bike is his.. he thinks it was a new bike for dad - he didn't quite realise the frame would be too small for his dad, .they all sat and decided on which stickers would look cool.. the boys decided on Black flag as they are Asassin Creed crazy.. especially the blag flag one lol. but he began to get suspicious when his wheels disappeared off his bike though ..

His brother was in on it.. and managed to keep it secret until now [emoji6]

Edited by Gen

Might want to look into cutting the steerer, unless you're certain the fork will be carried over to another frame which might have a longer head tube.

Might want to look into cutting the steerer, unless you're certain the fork will be carried over to another frame which might have a longer head tube.

he is still only 12 and has some growing to do.. wouldn't want to cut it and then have to replace it in 2 years time.[emoji102]

But once the bike is setup for him we'll have to decide.

Edited by Gen

Oh and how he loves the new bike. He got a bad knock to the eye at hockey yesterday..but the eye was 100% when he saw the bike and we had to take to the streets immediately, first stop was his uncle's house to go show him.. and boy after that I had to pedal to keep up[emoji6] will take him out to the dirt tomorrow, we were a bit pressed for time today. aeabd403841685e3037d70c8473051f2.jpge5d71a82078d7e9608af89c868330245.jpg He has now adopted the Sagan pedal too.. always on the toes[emoji23] [emoji23]

The bike was moved into the lounge and he is now starting at it and taking pics of it lol

Edited by Gen

Guest notmyname

Oh and how he loves the new bike. He got a bad knock to the eye at hockey yesterday..but the eye was 100% when he saw the bike and we had to take to the streets immediately, first stop was his uncle's house to go show him.. and boy after that I had to pedal to keep up[emoji6] will take him out to the dirt tomorrow, we were a bit pressed for time today. aeabd403841685e3037d70c8473051f2.jpge5d71a82078d7e9608af89c868330245.jpg He has now adopted the Sagan pedal too.. always on the toes[emoji23] [emoji23]

The bike was moved into the lounge and he is now starting at it and taking pics of it lol

You'd better let him get a snap of it on the couch. Or else!

Oh and how he loves the new bike. He got a bad knock to the eye at hockey yesterday..but the eye was 100% when he saw the bike and we had to take to the streets immediately, first stop was his uncle's house to go show him.. and boy after that I had to pedal to keep up[emoji6] will take him out to the dirt tomorrow, we were a bit pressed for time today. aeabd403841685e3037d70c8473051f2.jpg

I hope that you were careful and didn't post that pic to the 'Hokkie Ouers' group on WhatsApp  :P

I hope that you were careful and didn't post that pic to the 'Hokkie Ouers' group on WhatsApp :P

He he he

So a little project for my son.. blank China frame.. had some stickers made to personalize it and a clear top coat and tada..

c30f108ae49320048bb20a9ce61f9e97.jpge7084e93d9e8a714274ca018489f56f4.jpg3a5f3782fcebb1fb7d57b4d75b5e5d4c.jpg40783212e405f72bcb49e985e4907b37.jpgff262eb40809f3dd36e6c183e75a14df.jpg0928a424af9c8cbe8f12df887d6b960e.jpg

Very blerrie nice, so laaitie kan baie gelukkig wees.

Very blerrie nice, so laaitie kan baie gelukkig wees.

[emoji6] en hy is baie gelukkig.

Think he may just share his bed with his bike tonight.[emoji39]