Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

SHORT SOCK ALEEEERT!!!!!

Poeple feigning indignation about [the alleged lack of] cycling fashion is a bigger blight on, cycling in this case, society than anything happening at family restaurants.  :devil:   :ph34r:

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poeple feigning indignation about [the alleged lack of] cycling fashion is a bigger blight on, cycling in this case, society than anything happening at family restaurants. :devil: :ph34r:

Lay of the drugs???? Edited by Bizkit031

Finally got round to fitting the last of my goodies onto my dikwiel: Shimano XT Trekking brakes (they have lekker long levers), 180mm IceTec rotors spaced to fit correctly at the rear, and a nice short 50mm KCNC stem :)

This finishes a transformation of a heavy clunker to a bike that has a lekker comfy seat and riding position now, weighs a bit less and actually stops when you brake :) Super happy now :) :) :) :)

Are those FRM hubs ?

Are those FRM hubs ?

Yip, Titan Fat Carbon hubs laced to Mulefut 80mm rims with stainless spokes and brass nipples. Bought them from EvoBikes on a clearance sale late last year while recovering from broken hip, and only managed to get them tubeless'd and rear disc spacing sorted now. Really light hubs, will have to see how they hold up!!!!!

Don't worry about 'Kaze .... Hy moet sy kop bietjie skud lyk my hy raas [emoji57]

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Fashion is ephemeral.

Long socks does not mean you are cool / hip / rad / in

Sometimes short socks just mean you care

cd002328862c499278e11620055491ca.jpg

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

Where from and how much?

Hi gwhite ,this model has unfortunately been discontinued as far as I know , these were the last pair of old stock at my Lbs.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

SHORT SOCK ALEEEERT!!!!!

I'm a MTBer, not a roadie, as far as I know we have no rules, let alone sock fashion ones.

Will post a pic of my supper short secret socks tomorrow especially for you.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

I see it: you never a nightmare customer when you upgrade out of the starting blocks, more like they must be smiling.

My wife scalpel started as a Scalpel 3, nothing but the frame and shock and crank and stem thats original now.

Custom spray job, 

Easton XC90 handle bar, XC90 seat post, 1x11 SRAM XX1 RD, SRAM Guide RSC brakes, cSixx 34 front chainring, cSixx Chain Guide, some nice cSixx red bolts, WTB Frequency i25's rim on Chris King Hubs with Vittori tires.

G

Finally received my new toy yesterday. Scalpel Si4... Well, the frame and rear shock that is. Everything else they had to replace. I must be a nightmare customer

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ai54ys.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/a17lh4.jpg

Edited by awesme

SHORT SOCK ALEEEERT!!!!!

So now you have discriminating against sock length,shame man.???????? Edited by Bizkit031

It's "Monday" we have to find something (irrelevant) to do until Friday arrives and we go into full rumble mode.

G

So now you have discriminating against sock length,shame man.

Finally received my new toy yesterday. Scalpel Si4... Well, the frame and rear shock that is. Everything else they had to replace. I must be a nightmare customer

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ai54ys.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/a17lh4.jpg

Jaco, what did you all replace and why?