Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

NCR but bought what should probably be my last ever pair of walking/hiking boots.

3950fbdf72f84c579e442f2debbd8577.jpg

Those are awesome. what do they set you back? Look like they will last long enough to be buried with you! 

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NCR but bought what should probably be my last ever pair of walking/hiking boots.

3950fbdf72f84c579e442f2debbd8577.jpg

Those are awesome. what do they set you back? Look like they will last long enough to be buried with you! 

What boots are they? It is not easy these days to find a proper hard wearing boot like that. Generally the new boots have too much stitching on the uppers, which is always a weakness in rough terrain. I like boots with no or little stitching. They may take a little longer to wear in, but they take a hell of a lot longer to wear out. Come to think of it, a bit like Gobi saddles.

Got an old, new to me carbon handle bar from Dean (sidekickracer). Thanks. Just fitted it. Ps struggling to upload photos.

What boots are they? It is not easy these days to find a proper hard wearing boot like that. Generally the new boots have too much stitching on the uppers, which is always a weakness in rough terrain. I like boots with no or little stitching. They may take a little longer to wear in, but they take a hell of a lot longer to wear out. Come to think of it, a bit like Gobi saddles.

Danner Mountain Light boots

Have a look here at the range  http://www.danner.com/men

Danner Mountain Light boots

Have a look here at the range http://www.danner.com/men

Very nice. I go through a pair of boots/shoes in a year. I am looking at something stronger than the crap available here. Unfortunately it seems they are not shipping outside the US.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Very nice. I go through a pair of boots/shoes in a year. I am looking at something stronger than the crap available here. Unfortunately it seems they are not shipping outside the US.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You tried Jim Green's? My pair is going on 20 years now and still strong.

Must check out Tiny Jigs. Feeshes looooove 'em. Sweet reel, I'm using a Penn fierce.

I'll have a look, thanks. Ja this reel is smooth as silk. I've never had a Penn, always stuck to Shimano, actually I bought my first Daiwa the other day, a little procast to go with my ultra light rod, also a lekker little reel.