Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you have changed your username by now ?  ;)

Haha, I know but it's like giving up your identity. Lesson learnt: don't choose a name based on your gear as that will inevitably change and then you sit with an identity crisis :D

- Cotic Solaris Max Frame

- MRP Ribbon fork 120mm (AMAZING)

- Funn finishing kit and dropper post

- Box 1x11 Groupset

- Sram GX Eagle Crank

- Roval 650b+ Wheelset

- Formula Cura Brakes with 180/203 Icetec rotors

- Weighs about the same as a baby elephant

That is some collection of 'bits and pieces'. Half of that is my wish list! Looks awesome, enjoy!

That is some collection of 'bits and pieces'. Half of that is my wish list! Looks awesome, enjoy!

Haha yes, I use the terms bits and pieces very loosely. I've actually been agonising over very detail down to the colour of branding on tyres and other parts!

After this build I now have both my dream bikes built up exactly the way I want. Kind of weird not thinking about what I am going to be upgrading/replacing next!

Haha yes, I use the terms bits and pieces very loosely. I've actually been agonising over very detail down to the colour of branding on tyres and other parts!

After this build I now have both my dream bikes built up exactly the way I want. Kind of weird not thinking about what I am going to be upgrading/replacing next!

You're going to hate that void...once I got there I sold my bike and bought something new that needs upgrading...I now feel much better again :D

I now have both my dream bikes built up exactly the way I want. Kind of weird not thinking about what I am going to be upgrading/replacing next!

Yeah... I had that once. Lasted about 2 weeks before I started to stray and about 3 weeks before I'd found an excuse to start a new build.

Pls report back on the ribbon. Keen to

Hear how it goes and compares to the stage.

You're going to hate that void...once I got there I sold my bike and bought something new that needs upgrading...I now feel much better again :D

Yeah... I had that once. Lasted about 2 weeks before I started to stray and about 3 weeks before I'd found an excuse to start a new build.

Pls report back on the ribbon. Keen to

Hear how it goes and compares to the stage.

Yeah, to be honest, I know it isn't going to last very long! But for now my wife is happy, so I will try and prolong my current contenteddness (dunno if that's a real word).

I will do a propper write up on the ribbon and cura brakes after I have put some good hours on the bike. But I have to say so far I am very impressed.

As for comparison with the Stage, I don't think I am going to feel much of a difference as the stage I had was a 2017 which has the same damper as the ribbon.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

So, I have been collecting all the bits and pieces for the last month or so, and the final product came together yesterday. Took it out for a ride this morning, and it is awesome!!!

Bike is nice and dirty now, but some pics so long. Will post a propper build spec list on Monday, but highlights are the following:

- Cotic Solaris Max Frame

- MRP Ribbon fork 120mm (AMAZING)

- Funn finishing kit and dropper post

- Box 1x11 Groupset

- Sram GX Eagle Crank

- Roval 650b+ Wheelset

- Formula Cura Brakes with 180/203 Icetec rotors

- Weighs about the same as a baby elephant

This bike is insanely fun to ride!!

Love the way you showed "conventional" bike specs the middle cog in your parts spec.

Bike looks great, many happy miles!

Love the way you showed "conventional" bike specs the middle cog in your parts spec.

Bike looks great, many happy miles!

Thanks! I wanted to do something that stands out a bit. Wasn't keen to go the whole Shimano/SRAM//Rock Shox/Fox route with this one - nothing wrong with it, just too much of that out there.

I had was a 2017 which has the same damper as the ribbon.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the knowledge. Re: Curas. I've had a couple of sessions on them now, have sorted the set up a bit better and am very impressed. Great brakes with a ton of stopping power and luckily a great modulation to save you from the down side of that bucket load of stopping force! 

erm..... 150mm dropper. Climbing is fiiiine. But spacers going above until I find the right position. Just needed a tad more reach. The spacers under the bar were bringing the bar too close for my liking. This should take the bars about 15mm forwards when compared to the previous setup, but at the same height. Plus - it's green.

And personally, I don't care about climbing. I'll do it, no problem. But it's not where my stoke gets filled. It's a means to an end. 

Slam that stem!!! And get a longer stem!!!

Aero is everything. ;) 

Slam that stem!!! And get a longer stem!!!

Aero is everything. ;)

And narrower bars! And narrower tires for rolling resistance!

Do we need to teach you everything Myles???

Edited by Kalahari Vegmot