Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

My wife needs a tubeless conversion done on her bike and these would be perfect!

Pity I wont be getting even slightly close ti Durbanville in the near future

make sure to stock up on your Stans at the same time, splat. You're going to need it...

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife needs a tubeless conversion done on her bike and these would be perfect!

Pity I wont be getting even slightly close to Durbanville in the near future

If you really need a pair give, give me a shout. I am a few kilo's away from Durbanville.  :thumbup:

Pity I wont be getting even slightly close to Durbanville in the near future

Splat, I have done this with my wife`s Giant Lust.

I can`t recommend them, one ride, Stans all over the bike and myself.

Rather look for lekka specials from oom Chris and spoil her.

Ps. I am a huge Schwable tire fan, no puncture, no snake bite, nadda on my bike going for 4 years but it must be the correct ones.

If you really need a pair give, give me a shout. I am a few kilo's away from Durbanville.  :thumbup:

Thanks for the offer, but see below:

make sure to stock up on your Stans at the same time, splat. You're going to need it...

Splat, I have done this with my wife`s Giant Lust.

I can`t recommend them, one ride, Stans all over the bike and myself.

Rather look for lekka specials from oom Chris and spoil her.

Ps. I am a huge Schwable tire fan, no puncture, no snake bite, nadda on my bike going for 4 years but it must be the correct ones.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will hang on for a bit then...

Ok so it's been a year and a half with no bike for various reasons. Glad to be back and with it a new toy ????

Not the best machine but a good way to get back into things. Bought a shorter stem and wider bars to start with. Will upgrade groupo and brakes soon hopefully, and then slap a 140mm fork on the front.

Let the fun and games begin ????

post-44557-0-06483700-1500379389_thumb.jpg

Ok so it's been a year and a half with no bike for various reasons. Glad to be back and with it a new toy

Not the best machine but a good way to get back into things. Bought a shorter stem and wider bars to start with. Will upgrade groupo and brakes soon hopefully, and then slap a 140mm fork on the front.

Let the fun and games begin

attachicon.gifIMG_8366.JPG

I am always disappointed when there is no couch  in the pic I loooove couches - bikes are ok as well 

Ok so it's been a year and a half with no bike for various reasons. Glad to be back and with it a new toy

Let the fun and games begin

attachicon.gifIMG_8366.JPG

a highly underrated machine that!

Yeah also made this rear mud guard out of a plastice bucket. Works great. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1665.PNG

What I did for the Banshee (see attached poor night time in the garage pics) worked, but I am going to do a version 2.0 with a "shield" like that as some dirt is getting over my current design.

I used a 3l milk bottle as it was pliable, yet rigid enough, and it was easy to trace the profile of the frame with it being translucent.

v2.0 will also be a black bucket :P

This has certainly protected the bearings though!

post-5403-0-79060200-1500555926_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-92092500-1500555969_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-96592500-1500555993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hairy

What I did for the Banshee (see attached poor night time in the garage pics) worked, but I am going to do a version 2.0 with a "shield" like that as some dirt is getting over my current design.

I used a 3l milk bottle as it was pliable, yet rigid enough, and it was easy to trace the profile of the frame with it being translucent.

Maybe try a tube. It also works.

Need to fashion something for the Meta like that. but has to move through the travel for some reason there is a massive hole for cable entry into the BB area but no drainage hole. It fills up with Commencal don't do anything for the issue but fills up nicely with mud and water. 

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2015/01/04/max_commencal_meta_am_ajbarlas_030114_0001_828441.jpg?1420385068

Need to fashion something for the Meta like that. but has to move through the travel for some reason there is a massive hole for cable entry into the BB area but no drainage hole. It fills up with Commencal don't do anything for the issue but fills up nicely with mud and water. 

http://p.vitalmtb.com/photos/stories/2015/01/04/max_commencal_meta_am_ajbarlas_030114_0001_828441.jpg?1420385068

Would like to see what solution you come up with 

Would like to see what solution you come up with

I've got a couple of options, one is to make a mudguard thing that can move and the second is more of a foam/ latex plug with routing for the cables. At the moment I just have 2 bits of a foam pan scrubber in there that kinds of works. Pink bike 'ask an expert' recommended drilling a hole in the bb. Not sure I'm that brave.

I've got a couple of options, one is to make a mudguard thing that can move and the second is more of a foam/ latex plug with routing for the cables. At the moment I just have 2 bits of a foam pan scrubber in there that kinds of works. Pink bike 'ask an expert' recommended drilling a hole in the bb. Not sure I'm that brave.

Email comencal and ask them if it will void the warranty ?

http://i43.tinypic.com/a3z2ip.jpgThis is what came with mine. Recently I got coral wetsuits to make me a replacement. However in your case you would want something longer. Taahir uses a piece of tube similar to this.

Found this too

p5pb11984171.jpg

p5pb11984172.jpg