Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

a) "That" car does not go into "that" garage. That is one of two garages, and this one in particular is reserved for hobby stuff, DIY, workshop, etc. It's merely open because that's where the bike was and I took it out to check that it fits right prior to doing this weekend's rides. That being said, the garage pictured is of standard shape and size, largely determined by the Coroma 3-piece door that guards it, which accommodates most cars comfortably.

b) No garage that ever existed or ever will has an entrance high enough to accommodate a bike on a car's roof, ergo it stands to reason that the confusion arises from the height of the roofrack by itself, which at a mere 20cm above the roof of the car is still much lower than the roof of your average Fortuner, sans roofrack, which fits comfortably into said garage.

So the only thing that can go wrong is if I return home from a ride, forgetting that my bike is on my car's roof and attempt to enter it, which I am fairly confident will not happen although one can never be too careful, so here's to me being bright and awake upon returning home from my future rides <insert cheers emoticon>

I do need to correct you

We designed a house where the client could so so with his Land Cruiser .... well it also allowed a full height opening to his garage so that he could drive onto the car lift ... think one car stacked on top of the other type arrangement.

Won't be able to post pics without the clients permission though.

#JUSTSAYING :P

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do need to correct you

We designed a house where the client could so so with his Land Cruiser .... well it also allowed a full height opening to his garage so that he could drive onto the car lift ... think one car stacked on top of the other type arrangement.

Won't be able to post pics without the clients permission though.

#JUSTSAYING :P

Holy crap. That's extreme. Duly noted, but suffice to say that while it's evidently possible, it's not the norm in the residential sector then (I added that bit because I know the next dude is going to say "K*k man, my factory door can like to open for a truck's height"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Holy crap. That's extreme. Duly noted, but suffice to say that while it's evidently possible, it's not the norm in the residential sector then (I added that bit because I know the next dude is going to say "K*k man, my factory door can like to open for a truck's height"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

agreed ... truckers hey, can't take them anywhere!

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170323175836-trump-truck-2-full-169.jpg

Picked up an 18 year old this morning......1999 Klein Mantra original manitou fork,fox vanilla rear shock, avid 10 v-brakes. Unfortunately it was updated to 3 x 9

c12f9e4f5d4e00f8a4f59e01cd20e2bc.jpg84ba199cd9d93c6f02aa94f1310dc6cd.jpg

Edited by 5TU

Jeepers... that looks rare and potentially valueble!

Always wanted one picked it up while trolling a second hand goods store this morning for a silly price....they had no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up an 18 year old this morning......1999 Klein Mantra original manitou fork,fox vanilla rear shock, avid 10 v-brakes. Unfortunately it was updated to 3 x 9

What drivetrain do you need to return it to original? Post it on the Retro Bike Thread and if someone can help, I'm sure they will.

Holy cow that takes me back. I had an orange one that was epic. Bought it off a guy in a council flat in north London who was about 120kgs and said that he wasn't into riding anymore and wanted to money to buy a pit bull for his 3 year old daughter. :eek: 

Those were the days you never even thought about servicing a fork or a rear shock. Just rode it, washed it rode it though all kind of component eating sludge, didn't wash it, rode it some more, repeated. That water bottle cage placement was a disaster waiting to happen. 

What drivetrain do you need to return it to original? Post it on the Retro Bike Thread and if someone can help, I'm sure they will.

Thanks DJR investigating it further found a website that has the comp specs showing 9 speed [emoji16] but my rear derailleur is definitely a more modern XT version

Holy cow that takes me back. I had an orange one that was epic. Bought it off a guy in a council flat in north London who was about 120kgs and said that he wasn't into riding anymore and wanted to money to buy a pit bull for his 3 year old daughter. :eek:

Those were the days you never even thought about servicing a fork or a rear shock. Just rode it, washed it rode it though all kind of component eating sludge, didn't wash it, rode it some more, repeated. That water bottle cage placement was a disaster waiting to happen.

Awesome glad it brought back some memories. Rear shock still had air in it, just pumped up the tires and went for a spin.

See from the reviews that it is has a wonderful ability to eject you over the bars on downhills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, if a rider on a same coloured ss gt meatball ss and green helmet greats you.... That would be me

Nice, if a rider on a same coloured ss gt meatball ss and green helmet greats you.... That would be me

Better post a picture because the vision in my head gave me a bit of an alarming shock ;)

Just in time for BUCO, my ODI Rogue grips arrived today. Had some fabric soliton ones and while they make nice saddles, this particular grips are a load of toss. 70k ride and it took nearly 3 days to regain full feeling in both hands. d83d1da0897f788255cd3054a54136d6.jpg

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk