Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a long a and loving relationship with my Tall Boy I have moved on ......

2018 Methanol

Awesome, flippen nice

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It's not much, but it'll be my home for at least the next year. Small, well kitted, perfect for my needs. 2 bed duplex thing for me and the little one. 

If you can for all your bikes inside and possibly find a small space to sleep, then it's big enough..

After a long a and loving relationship with my Tall Boy I have moved on ...... 

2018 Methanol 

Congrats man... What wheelset is that?

and?????

everything you were hoping for?

Everything and more but I do have some minor issues that I will sort out.

The E-thirteen tyres are very grippy and time will tell if I will replace them with the same when they are done.

WTB rims are 29mm internal and I think that is wide enough for me.

Shimano hubs got centre lock disk and not 6 bolt, not sure what to make of that.....

Box drivetrain, smooth as hell!! I have ridden XO and XT for a long time but the shifting on the Box is SOOOO much better for me.  The push push shifter takes 2 seconds to get used to.

9.8 fall line dropper with 175mm drop feels really smooth, time will tell how long it lasts.

WTB Volt saddle..... Not sure this will be on the bike for to long. Will probably put a Spez Henge on in this week but I will give the Volt one more longer ride today.

120mm of UNBOTTOMOUTABLE rear suspension is great! This was one of the main reasons I went with the Evil The Following out of all the bikes I have tested.

Stopping things are Formula Cura brakes. Reviews looks good on them but I will test them out in the next few rides and decide if they stay on or get swopped out for my XO trail brakes that's on the Epic.

Handle bar is Box X 35mm Carbon bars.  They look a bit weird but I'm sure I will get used to that.

Fork is the MRP Ribbon.  Still need to get mine fine tuned but I have ridden the Ribbon and it is great.

All and all, I like it a lot!!!

Edited by CJ Van

Great built... I like, apart from the OCD in me where you are mixing white and black cables!!!!.... not something I could do, would have to be either black or white, but not both....

Great built... I like, apart from the OCD in me where you are mixing white and black cables!!!!.... not something I could do, would have to be either black or white, but not both....

Jip, that will probably be replaced in the future with a black cable but for now I'm leaving it like that.  Maybe it grows on me, maybe not.

Everything and more but I do have some minor issues that I will sort out.

The E-thirteen tyres are very grippy and time will tell if I will replace them with the same when they are done.

WTB rims are 29mm internal and I think that is wide enough for me.

Shimano hubs got centre lock disk and not 6 bolt, not sure what to make of that.....

Box drivetrain, smooth as hell!! I have ridden XO and XT for a long time but the shifting on the Box is SOOOO much better for me.  The push push shifter takes 2 seconds to get used to.

9.8 fall line dropper with 175mm drop feels really smooth, time will tell how long it lasts.

WTB Volt saddle..... Not sure this will be on the bike for to long. Will probably put a Spez Henge on in this week but I will give the Volt one more longer ride today.

120mm of UNBOTTOMOUTABLE rear suspension is great! This was one of the main reasons I went with the Evil The Following out of all the bikes I have tested.

Stopping things are Formula Cura brakes. Reviews looks good on them but I will test them out in the next few rides and decide if they stay on or get swopped out for my XO trail brakes that's on the Epic.

Handle bar is Box X 35mm Carbon bars.  They look a bit weird but I'm sure I will get used to that.

Fork is the MRP Ribbon.  Still need to get mine fine tuned but I have ridden the Ribbon and it is great.

All and all, I like it a lot!!!

Is that the new Following Ver 2??