Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

My missus was borrowing a 14kg steel Trek with 39x53 chainring and 11-23 cassette. As a newbie, obviously battled every hill and had to walk the odd one. very demoralising.

This bike has a compact crank and a nice wide cassette at the back - perfect for cruising the flats and spinning the climbs. Carbon frame is nice. Paintjob is lovely (very important), but the wheels are heavy. I would love to upgrade those at some point.

Picked it up on Saturday. The paint job is really really nice. Can't say enough about the finish of the bike.

We went out for a burn yesterday. She ABSOLUTLEY OBLITERATED me on every climb. It was bad enough on her old bike but it's getting embarrassing now. On the flats it was noticeable how much better the bike rolls than her old bike. I tried my best to emulate her old setup but she needs a bikefit and to spend time in the saddle. I still can't believe we got a brand new full carbon bike with 105 for well under 20k.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked it up on Saturday. The paint job is really really nice. Can't say enough about the finish of the bike.

We went out for a burn yesterday. She ABSOLUTLEY OBLITERATED me on every climb. It was bad enough on her old bike but it's getting embarrassing now. On the flats it was noticeable how much better the bike rolls than her old bike. I tried my best to emulate her old setup but she needs a bikefit and to spend time in the saddle. I still can't believe we got a brand new full carbon bike with 105 for well under 20k.

Damned good looking bike .... often find the LIV paint jobs to be far nicer that the general run of the mill Giants.

Nice, nothing like bleeding your own brakes

true story, its an honor that i don't own any SRAM brakes, so i'll be bleeding others brakes...

I wonder. If we had all the essentials. And then some. How long could you go before buying something bike related. We always need something. But then again. We always need something too.

I wonder. If we had all the essentials. And then some. How long could you go before buying something bike related. We always need something. But then again. We always need something too.

funnily enough, i once went almost a year without buying anything bike related. But that's probably cos i fell off my bike :P

funnily enough, i once went almost a year without buying anything bike related. But that's probably cos i fell off my bike :P

Since I fell off my bike (4 months ago), I bought my son a bike and then doubled its value in upgrades. And then I bought the bike I fell off new wheels, tyres, chain, cassette & chainring. I am in the process of buying my wife another bike.

I have a problem...

nice bleed kit ... those syringes are lekker compared to the cheaper options 

I once sommer used the farm's beesspuit, Worked well, but we couldn't get the cattle out of the drukgang after giving them their shots. Brakes locked up. Dad was pissed.

I once sommer used the farm's beesspuit, Worked well, but we couldn't get the cattle out of the drukgang after giving them their shots. Brakes locked up. Dad was pissed.

:D

Yah, I got into trouble the other day for fixing one of my "toys" with some of the expensive adhesives we use at work (I'm the boss after all, and it is mine). Then my assistant told me exactly how much money I just wasted. Could almost have bought a new toy, now I have a badly glued one. She'll get a bonus come month end.