Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they wear better than an Ikon on the rear? If you ride road a lot too.

Not too sure, but they were my go to tyres for the past few years.

Obviously didn't need that much grip, then.... 

Look, I agree with Myles about the crossmark not being a great pure mtb tyre but imho for road/pavement/dirt sidewalk I have yet to find something as good. I tried a few conti's and some other maxxis tyres and for reliability and long life the crossmark trumps all others.

MM or GTFOH hey Myles... 

:ph34r:

MM / DHF / DHR / HRII / etc etc.

Magic above all, so far. For the front. Rear - I LOVE MY SLAUGHTER!!!

Pity it developed a sidewall malfunction and I had to replace it with an Aggressor. Which, whilst a good tyre, isn't as lekker as the Slaughter, IMO. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Look, I agree with Myles about the crossmark not being a great pure mtb tyre but imho for road/pavement/dirt sidewalk I have yet to find something as good. I tried a few conti's and some other maxxis tyres and for reliability and long life the crossmark trumps all others.

Great for tar, gravel grinding and pure hardpack. Terrible at everything else. Longevity is exceptional, though. But it's like putting ecocontacts on a Huracan. 

Good tyres. Last long and got good grip front and back.

hey you Rusty Old Chap... I have only ever seen you riding your MTB on the cycle lane :P

hey you Rusty Old Chap... I have only ever seen you riding your MTB on the cycle lane :P

Your memory must be going????  Old age? How many times have I seen you at Conti's?

When we done our ride in the mornings you guys only rock up for coffee or something! LOL

Your memory must be going????  Old age? How many times have I seen you at Conti's?

When we done our ride in the mornings you guys only rock up for coffee or something! LOL

sorry uncle, I stand corrected ... but please tell me you stop for coffee at the Dairy Shed .. they do an great Deluxe coffee

sorry uncle, I stand corrected ... but please tell me you stop for coffee at the Dairy Shed .. they do an great Deluxe coffee

Only for Steri stumpies, I have got a nice coffee machine at home......Oh and by the way. Always take your coffee in a takeaway cup at the Shed, you get at least 30ml extra . Whaaaha