Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that Trek is badass!

Bought a Birzman Pump-Up 1.2L air canister to help me win the tubeless tire fight.

Rated at 220psi or 15 Bar. I can only pressurize it up halfway with the floor pump, before having to change to a shock pump to bring the pressure all the way up. Not easy.

Haven't tried it yet.

post-117165-0-85806200-1519638041_thumb.jpg

Good looking piece of equipment.  :thumbup:

Silly question, where on a bicycle would you need 15 bar of pressure?

Good looking piece of equipment.  :thumbup:

Silly question, where on a bicycle would you need 15 bar of pressure?

tyre has A lot more volume than that canister and it also doenst account for pressure lost while the bead slips on 

imo these canisters are hit or miss , id rather make A larger canister( 3l ) rated to 12bar ..... and then someone will whine about portability 

Well, the homebuild charge cannister I got at home (old extinguisher) uses only 2 bar of pressure to seat my Vittoria tires, time after time. 

I'm scared 15 bar will blow them to pieces once they seat and you are a bit slow to release the button. 

But then again, what do I know, been accused on a few occasions that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the packet when it comes to this kind of things.

Well, the homebuild charge cannister I got at home (old extinguisher) uses only 2 bar of pressure to seat my Vittoria tires, time after time. 

I'm scared 15 bar will blow them to pieces once they seat and you are a bit slow to release the button. 

But then again, what do I know, been accused on a few occasions that I'm not the sharpest pencil in the packet when it comes to this kind of things.

you will never need that much pressure IMO, i have never needed to use more than 3 bar to seat a 29er tire when using a canister, i believe that the trick is getting the high volume into the wheel and the pressure at which the volume is put into the wheel is not that important.