Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Certain peeps know I have been umming and ahhhing about a new frame and bouncing about the options like a fat kid in cake shop. Don't worry. That has come to an end. 

Sure there were more fancy options, carbon options, more complicated linkages, longer travel, 'super bike' frames for the same money but you know what this struck me when I first saw it. I love an alu frame, it's got one baring to replace, is super capable, not a bad review anywhere and looks like it's a ton of grin inducing fun.

The Orange Stage 5 29'r with a fat Fox... and on valentines day I've got a lot of love for this. 

post-15825-0-83712500-1518594279_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this today from the in-laws as my personal work bakkie, brand new sc Mahindra S6 pik-up. Only got 49km on the clock, but it pulls like a rocket. 6spd manual gearbox.e8c3b8e05ec176b9531a4ea3da231599.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Lekker! Daai nuwes lyk heel mooi ook..

Installed today. Needs a bit of time before the system can be set properly (burn in, essentially) but super chuffed. No more headphones while driving as a cheap hands free and music source.

Suspension service and Revo tune next week.

0766c7a459c15216effec6430cf1fb74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now for a set of chrome spinners Myles. Then you can have any girl in grassy park you want.

Tsek jou naai!

No spinners. Just a rad time. 

Myles, I replaced the standard radio in my Caddy with a JVC double DIN  head unit, then run Kicker KS range tweeters and mids up front with a 8inch passive subwoofer in the back. Really plays well. All runs off a small 800W Kicker amplifier.

I may later add some 7x10's in the rear but just to fill up the mid range as I mostly listen to rock.

Just one word of advice as I have just booked my van back in. The mic for the radio needs to be positioned above the steering wheel and not around the perimeter of the windscreen.

The acoustics in the van means nobody can hear me over the Bluetooth. So ironically I paid quite a bit for this system, mostly to allow me to talk handsfree and then last wekk BAMMMM R1000 fine for talking on my phone while driving because the Bluetooth is poorly positioned!!!!!

Also the positioning of the sub box makes a huge difference to sound quality, needs to play towards the rear doors and then fill from there........

Myles, I replaced the standard radio in my Caddy with a JVC double DIN  head unit, then run Kicker KS range tweeters and mids up front with a 8inch passive subwoofer in the back. Really plays well. All runs off a small 800W Kicker amplifier.

I may later add some 7x10's in the rear but just to fill up the mid range as I mostly listen to rock.

Just one word of advice as I have just booked my van back in. The mic for the radio needs to be positioned above the steering wheel and not around the perimeter of the windscreen.

The acoustics in the van means nobody can hear me over the Bluetooth. So ironically I paid quite a bit for this system, mostly to allow me to talk handsfree and then last wekk BAMMMM R1000 fine for talking on my phone while driving because the Bluetooth is poorly positioned!!!!!

Also the positioning of the sub box makes a huge difference to sound quality, needs to play towards the rear doors and then fill from there........

Thanks, dude. 

Mic is positioned just next to the rearview mirror, if I remember correctly (will confirm tonight) I've already tested it and the pickup is good. 

Sub is behind the 2nd row of seats, playing towards the back. It's in a properly made box, which isn't tied down so I can move it when I load the van. I'll set up 2 straps on the side panel (on top of the LH wheel well) for when I need to move it. 

Spec is as follows:

Kenwood KDCX5100BT head unit - 3 pre-amp outputs (opted against double din touchscreen as I don't see me using it tbh) 

JBL Club 4505 5 ch amp (4x45w & 1x500w)

JBL S2 1024 10" sub (250w)

JBL Club 6500c splits (6.5" 60w driver - door mounted & 0.75" tweets - above the B pillar for some passenger love)

JBL Club 3020 coax (3.5" 20w - dash mounted)

Amp is driving the sub, tweets and 6.5" drivers. Head unit is driving the 3.5" coaxes. Haven't turned it up properly yet as they're still "running in". It's going to be properly set up next weekend. 

All wattages are RMS, of course... 

Very happy. 

Thanks, dude. 

Mic is positioned just next to the rearview mirror, if I remember correctly (will confirm tonight) I've already tested it and the pickup is good. 

Sub is behind the 2nd row of seats, playing towards the back. It's in a properly made box, which isn't tied down so I can move it when I load the van. I'll set up 2 straps on the side panel (on top of the LH wheel well) for when I need to move it. 

Spec is as follows:

Kenwood KDCX5100BT head unit - 3 pre-amp outputs (opted against double din touchscreen as I don't see me using it tbh) 

JBL Club 4505 5 ch amp (4x45w & 1x500w)

JBL S2 1024 10" sub (250w)

JBL Club 6500c splits (6.5" 60w driver - door mounted & 0.75" tweets - above the B pillar for some passenger love)

JBL Club 3020 coax (3.5" 20w - dash mounted)

Amp is driving the sub, tweets and 6.5" drivers. Head unit is driving the 3.5" coaxes. Haven't turned it up properly yet as they're still "running in". It's going to be properly set up next weekend. 

All wattages are RMS, of course... 

Very happy. 

That's basically where my mic is. It is fine if you are stationary but do 120km/h on a highway and its a different story. Maybe just let the installer know you may need it moved. If it works its a bonus but I have to pay for the move now because its 6 months later.

+1 on the straps, my box has flown a few times. I still want to add some sort of protection for when I load stuff that might rub against the sub.

Your system is bigger than mine but I didn't want a big, loud setup. Over those days. Had a fiesta with 2 15inch subs, looking back it was a bloody noise more than anything!!!!!

Drowned out the straight through exhaust.

Oh, to be young and dumb........

Certain peeps know I have been umming and ahhhing about a new frame and bouncing about the options like a fat kid in cake shop. Don't worry. That has come to an end. 

Sure there were more fancy options, carbon options, more complicated linkages, longer travel, 'super bike' frames for the same money but you know what this struck me when I first saw it. I love an alu frame, it's got one baring to replace, is super capable, not a bad review anywhere and looks like it's a ton of grin inducing fun.

The Orange Stage 5 29'r with a fat Fox... and on valentines day I've got a lot of love for this. 

attachicon.gifs-l1600111.jpg

Bloody hell  :drool:

Clever. Let us know how well the missing link function works please.

Ordered off e-bay.

Tried it out when I got home from work, worked a treat on a KMC11XL as well as a 9 speed KMC chain. The claws fit easily into the 11 speed link with clearance to spare, so could possibly fit on a 12 speed as well.

post-117165-0-51773000-1518696980_thumb.jpg

post-117165-0-60589900-1518697020_thumb.jpg

Ordered off e-bay.

Tried it out when I got home from work, worked a treat on a KMC11XL as well as a 9 speed KMC chain. The claws fit easily into the 11 speed link with clearance to spare, so could possibly fit on a 12 speed as well.

attachicon.gifkmc3.jpg

attachicon.gifkmc4.jpg

Awesome! Those speed links are my nemesis!