Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I like the rrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRrrrrrr.... Its works like an audio speedometer of sorts if that makes sense

Wait till you hear my new hubs

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked the idea of loud hubs, till I got a set of Hopes .... great on the trail, but sucks when you are trying to set your gears or wanting to find that "ping" when straightening up your rotors .... simply can not hear the finer details the bikes making to Tchjune it just right.

Ok, who am I kidding, loud hubs still rock :P

I always liked the idea of loud hubs, till I got a set of Hopes .... great on the trail, but sucks when you are trying to set your gears or wanting to find that "ping" when straightening up your rotors .... simply can not hear the finer details the bikes making to Tchjune it just right.

Just remove the chain when tuning the rotar!

Don't over complicate matters with practical advise .... have your wheels arrived yet?

AND

You can still fit the other goodies to that sexy frame so long!

Just remove the chain when tuning the rotar!

Don't over complicate matters with practical advise .... have your wheels arrived yet?

AND

You can still fit the other goodies to that sexy frame so long!

Lol, ready to roll man. Just need the wheels

I may be getting soft (okay, I am) but lately I find myself wishing for a silent rear hub. Just the noise of the trail, the tyres on the dirt, the whirr whirr of the wheels and tyres and a bit of chain slap on my modified chain protector...

Current hub is a pro 4

Check yourself before you wreck yourself... Go and wash you mouth out with soap. I did see your later post.

I might have gone a little over board at the cycle challenge expo yesterday.

Walked in and first accent had helmets going cheap.

My wife has been complaining about her crappy helmet for many years, I thought maybe a new helmet will encourage her to get on the bike more, so I picked up one for her.

FAC03-Greywhite_0.jpg

I needed new Gator skins and tubes so picked up 2 new tyres and got 3 free tubes from CWC. also got a few extra bombs.

Then about a year ago my trusty Polar S510 HR belt died on me. I never bothered to get it fixed. During last years 947, at the top of the first climb my old cateye got caught in the spokes so I ripped it off.

Since then I've been using the polar watch for time and cadence and my phone to track my rides. Have been casually looking at the garmin and wahoo products since then but never bit the bullet.

Got to the Wahoo stand at the expo and the folks there were to busy showing off their IDTs, I looked at the prices and decided I'll browse around and come back if I dont see anything more appealing.

Popped into the Garmin stand, asked a few questions and got really helpful and enthusiastic info. They didnt have huge specials but I made a spur of the moment decision and handed over money for an Edge 130 bundle and added a cadence sensor to the bill too.

Or just buy some i9 hubs..........

I'm considering this - if anyone spots any BLACK FRIDAY deals on I9's, please give me a shout!

I always liked the idea of loud hubs, till I got a set of Hopes .... great on the trail,

but sucks when you are trying to set your gears or wanting to find that "ping" when straightening up your rotors .... simply can not hear the finer details the bikes making to Tchjune it just right.

When you think your rear brake is dragging and stop to check....then that convienant “pedestrian hub alarm noise” is not so convienant.

But ja the pedestrian bell effect is very useful

Finally fitted the correct Colnago 28mm seat post to the C40.

I should be ashamed! Looking back, I "finished" the C40 build more than 2 years ago and I've had the right seatpost all along. I've built 2 other bikes in the mean time! The shimmed seatpost worked so well, I kind of "forgot" about it! Bad boy! Don't do that again! :blush:  

post-17716-0-78902200-1542445445_thumb.jpg