Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garmin HR strap has given up the ghost. Wrist-based HR just isn't cutting it. Friend recommended this.

attachicon.gif20190627_111747.jpg

attachicon.gif20190627_111733.jpg

Also switched to this after garmin gave up (and these have often been on takealot specials).

Works well only issue I've found with mine is that the strap loosens more regularly/often than my garmin did so I have to make sure its tight before every run otherwise I end up spending the entire run trying to get it to stay around my chest as it keeps falling down.

Also switched to this after garmin gave up (and these have often been on takealot specials).

Works well only issue I've found with mine is that the strap loosens more regularly/often than my garmin did so I have to make sure its tight before every run otherwise I end up spending the entire run trying to get it to stay around my chest as it keeps falling down.

Thanks for the tip. 

+1

Love my Wahoo HRM but I do experience the same when cycling as you stated.

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Garmin HR strap has given up the ghost. Wrist-based HR just isn't cutting it. Friend recommended this.

attachicon.gif20190627_111747.jpg

attachicon.gif20190627_111733.jpg

I'll be picking one up over lunch today. I have three Garmin straps at home that don't work. I'm looking forward to having the bluetooth connection option.

After a bike fit, I needed to change the handlebars that came on my road bike upgrade. Massive End of Financial Year (EOFY) sales on at the moment and I managed to snag a Fizik Cyrano R00 bar on Wiggle. Going from the Zipp SL-80 to the Fizik should shed about 100g due to firstly changing from alloy to carbon and secondly, going down from a 44 ctc in the drops to a 40ctc.

I should also mention the road bike. Changed from my trusty Cervelo R5 to a Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod in etap setup. Love the reduced clutter at the bars due to no front and rear derailleur cables. Shifting is faultless as well but the left and right lever functions did take some getting used to.

post-7393-0-56597100-1561678858_thumb.jpg

post-7393-0-36079100-1561678983_thumb.jpg

After a bike fit, I needed to change the handlebars that came on my road bike upgrade. Massive End of Financial Year (EOFY) sales on at the moment and I managed to snag a Fizik Cyrano R00 bar on Wiggle. Going from the Zipp SL-80 to the Fizik should shed about 100g due to firstly changing from alloy to carbon and secondly, going down from a 44 ctc in the drops to a 40ctc.

I should also mention the road bike. Changed from my trusty Cervelo R5 to a Cannondale Evo Hi-Mod in etap setup. Love the reduced clutter at the bars due to no front and rear derailleur cables. Shifting is faultless as well but the left and right lever functions did take some getting used to.

Hey RossW

Totally off topic...

I am not a big Cannondale fan, but love the Cervelo R5.

Have not ridden either of them though, would just like to hear your experience on both if you care to share?

Regards

Hey RossW

Totally off topic...

I am not a big Cannondale fan, but love the Cervelo R5.

Have not ridden either of them though, would just like to hear your experience on both if you care to share?

Regards

No worries.

I’ve found the Evo a lot more racey. It has a longer reach and the flatter top tube has the frame feeling a lot bigger than it actually is. Immediate acceleration is slower on the Evo but that said, the R5 frame was small and you could really move it around. That may have produced a feeling of exaggerated acceleration.

The Evo is stable! On sections of dead road (rough and robs you of speed) you’re really able to sit and go for gold. The save seat post again could be providing that extra compliance.

I also noted that the Evo is a lot more sensitive to steering inputs. That sounds contradictory to being stable but it responds to inputs readily.

Am I happy with the new bike? Immensely so. Well worth the money and it’ll be providing me with many years of riding pleasure.

No worries.

I’ve found the Evo a lot more racey. It has a longer reach and the flatter top tube has the frame feeling a lot bigger than it actually is. Immediate acceleration is slower on the Evo but that said, the R5 frame was small and you could really move it around. That may have produced a feeling of exaggerated acceleration.

The Evo is stable! On sections of dead road (rough and robs you of speed) you’re really able to sit and go for gold. The save seat post again could be providing that extra compliance.

I also noted that the Evo is a lot more sensitive to steering inputs. That sounds contradictory to being stable but it responds to inputs readily.

Am I happy with the new bike? Immensely so. Well worth the money and it’ll be providing me with many years of riding pleasure.

Thanks for the feedback

No worries.

Lekka man lekka

She looks like a beaut'

Lekka man lekka

She looks like a beaut'

Thanks!

The chrome really makes it a unique look and seems to be a hit with the mates and those at the coffee stops [emoji16]