2012 94.7

Agteros

To the organisers and the scarifices made by some residents, shopping centers, etc (in relation to the road closures), what a brilliantly organised event, it was my and the wifes 1st time and we could not believe how well it was organised, WELL DONE.

What a ride though...I thought I was going to win the whole thing whistling.gif untill the Krugersdorp highway, jeeez the average speed kept going down and down and down & the heat kept going up and up....managed to finish in 3:58, my wife was incredible and came in at 4:59thumbup1.gif .

If there is a next time, maybe we will get road bikes....they seem to go a little fasterph34r.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3:04 in L, second time on a road bike, only bought it on Saturday haha. Probably not the most advisable thing to buy a new bike the day before an event but wasn't keen to do it on my tank MTB again.

Quite chuffed with my time considering that I did no road training. Berg and Bush got me nice and strong and was cruising past the roadies on the hills.

Racing etiquette of some people in batches ahead of me was shocking. I was passing people in higher batches than me (who should be decent riders with experience?) who were crawling up the hills on the right hand side and wouldn't move over when we asked. Some lady shouted at me "hope you win the race" as we passed. wtf. It's not about winning, it's about having a goal in mind that I'm trying to reach and you are slowing me down.

Hey StevieL!

nice of you to say HI!

Sorry i missed you at the start, I was a few rows from the front, i had to go back to get my water bottles from the car,so i was a little later then i was planning....

i finished in 3:00:58 damn chain came off on the bumpy downhill on Malibongwe, and struggled a little to get it back on, lost the bunch and the 2 after mine sad.png

the illusive sub 3! so close, but yet so far!!!!

i see you got your sub 3 ! well done!

58 seconds out .... cursing.gif

Oh well, always next year...thumbup1.gif

3:04 in L, second time on a road bike, only bought it on Saturday haha. Probably not the most advisable thing to buy a new bike the day before an event but wasn't keen to do it on my tank MTB again.

Quite chuffed with my time considering that I did no road training. Berg and Bush got me nice and strong and was cruising past the roadies on the hills.

Racing etiquette of some people in batches ahead of me was shocking. I was passing people in higher batches than me (who should be decent riders with experience?) who were crawling up the hills on the right hand side and wouldn't move over when we asked. Some lady shouted at me "hope you win the race" as we passed. wtf. It's not about winning, it's about having a goal in mind that I'm trying to reach and you are slowing me down.

1st well done - good time!

2nd - ignore people you pass and their comments.

Go for what you want, do it in a safe fashion, enjoy.

I can only assume you haven't done much bunch riding in a fast group. Touching someone to let them know they're too close is common practise. Secondly just 'moving away' isn't that easy without compromising your position and others around you. Either way responding to this by hitting someone is unacceptable and would lead to a suspension or a ban had this happened in the elite group.

nope, no bunch riding in fast groups....ever, race organisers must just really enjoy conveniently selecting me to be racing Elites & Sub Vets for the past 6years.

P.S. I meant he has no SAPS Case, maybe Race organisers can do something but I highly doubt they'll even entertain it.

58 seconds out .... cursing.gif

Oh well, always next year...thumbup1.gif

Few years ago I finished the Argus in 3:00:01 (I nearly cried).

When we parked this carguard tunes my brother inlaw he charge 20 bucks to look after the car. He told him off very nicely that you "maffa" do not determine the price.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease I come to near blows with those morons after every 94.7! Can't stand them

I disagree strongly with you. But you are entitled to your own views and opinions.

Great we'll agree to disagree, then.

Hey guys. It's been a long time.

My first race since 94.7 in 2009. Managed a 3:11:57 riding in I.

Kid, I see you are riding tupperware bikes now and still breaking chains. Obviously this works for one who is nowquite the racing snake.

Was my first 94.7, was fun but hard especially on the N14 which killed me. Didn't get the time was looking for, but no matter there is always next year!!

For me was a fun day out and nice to meet a few of the hubbers for beers afterwards!! thumbup1.gif

Sweet clap.gif

Seems Velo took 4 categories (that I can see)

Mixed tandems

VA

VB

VC

Grats to all you hubbers that rode and enjoyed it thumbup1.gif

VC belongs to Johan Lab....could also call him the beast!Broke away almost right from the start and stayed away on his own to the Finish and in the process beating most of the VA and VB times.Could not be more happy for him.....a great ride by a great guy!!

Few years ago I finished the Argus in 3:00:01 (I nearly cried).

Sometimes you are just going as fast as you can and cannot do it sad.png - how many times I've been asked how could you miss it by 2secs ....

post-271-0-87644900-1353315079_thumb.jpg

Was also the year it poured with rain .....

Edited by NotSoBigBen

Serious Question:

And I want a sound, scientific answer please.

Why do the guys on the road bikes suffer up the hills, and us on the MTB's kill them?

We passed 100's of road bikes up the hills, felt like we were on EPO.

What's the explanation for this?