WHO REALLY WON THE 2012 EPIC ?

bassasdaindia

The race is over and the results are out, rest is speculation or was dealt with at the race.

BUT one thing I found interesting was watching those two teams at the prize giving and to see just how little they seem to get along. Generally a cordial handshake and no smile or converstation as per the other teams....

Me thinks many things happened on this race and before between these guys. As they say in Afrikaans: "waar daar 'n rokie is, brand daar 'n vuurtjie!"

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://popealice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Victory2.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! I really couldn't have done it without you guys!

Thank you! Thank you! I really couldn't have done it without you guys!

Nice shorty shorts, loser.

Nice shorty shorts, loser.

Those shorts make me a winner! ...at running...

...which is a sport for poor people :blush:

As opposed to a tjop with a keyboard and personal gripe on a forum?

no personal gripes, just think that KE and DG are overrated. Nice guys and all - super drunk at the Sani2C prize giving, but if I weighed 50kg and had less than 5% body fat, I'd fall over after 1 beer too. I just don't like the way they handle these type of situations and how negative they can get while racing.

What is clear is that they are under enormous pressure to win this thing somehow and that they will stop at nothing to try and do that. Them having a second team at Sani2C indicates that they are willing to take money out of their budget to get extra support on the route which either means that they need to ask Nedbank for more $$$, take a pay-cut or a combination of the 2.

I lost some respect for the way they complained about Burry's UCI kit in Tulbagh. I would have lost all respect (and they would have lost all future support from me) if they actually kicked up a fuss about a jacket. If they were close at that stage, I'm sure Burry would have said to them that he'll be taking that jacket, but they were off the pace, and that was not Burry's fault.

If they want to win this thing, they'll have to HTFU, have a bit of luck and outclass their competitors like the Bulls used to do and now 361Songo are doing.

no personal gripes, just think that KE and DG are overrated. Nice guys and all - super drunk at the Sani2C prize giving, but if I weighed 50kg and had less than 5% body fat, I'd fall over after 1 beer too. I just don't like the way they handle these type of situations and how negative they can get while racing.

What is clear is that they are under enormous pressure to win this thing somehow and that they will stop at nothing to try and do that. Them having a second team at Sani2C indicates that they are willing to take money out of their budget to get extra support on the route which either means that they need to ask Nedbank for more $$$, take a pay-cut or a combination of the 2.

I lost some respect for the way they complained about Burry's UCI kit in Tulbagh. I would have lost all respect (and they would have lost all future support from me) if they actually kicked up a fuss about a jacket. If they were close at that stage, I'm sure Burry would have said to them that he'll be taking that jacket, but they were off the pace, and that was not Burry's fault.

If they want to win this thing, they'll have to HTFU, have a bit of luck and outclass their competitors like the Bulls used to do and now 361Songo are doing.

ummm... I'm tempted to report the above post... it's pretty off topic! We're supposed to be discussing nothing important, and how everyone is a winner in their own way.

:lol:

Is taking a newspaper to tuck in your shirt from a spectator for a descent outside assistance ?

havent read the article, but after the Tulbach incident I sort of changed my mind about KE/DG, the PR that came with that DVD they realised almost made me change my mind again.

However, if they accepted defeat at Epic and moved on, why bring it up again in the article in Tread?

Trubie, I don't know if you say they brought it up in Tread. The last paragraph of the article explains why it was reported on.

Is taking a newspaper to tuck in your shirt from a spectator for a descent outside assistance ?

If it's the Sun, then yes.

Hi there chaps!

Ready to put some fuel on the fire...

1. During the ABSA Cape Epic where Burry got outside assistance in the form of a wheel from another rider and got a one hour time penalty K & D were one of the first teams to complain to the race officials...however a certain team manager has evidence that K & D also got outside assistance in this same race but it was "swept under the carpet"...

2. After the Nissan Tulbagh marathon which Burry won, K & D questioned the UCI approved SA Champs Jersey Burry rode in. As if this would have made a difference in the results!

3. At this years ABSA Cape Epic where Burry was given a Specialized rain jersey K & D complained to the race officials that it was outside assistance. The matter was declared a medical issue and that the rider could have become hypothermic.

The above points prove that they are not the angels everyone thinks...they are always one of the first teams to complain. Rather than beat their opponents on the track they look for technicalties afterwards...That is not racing!

That being said Burry has done alot for SA cycling, but everytime he races locally, two of SA's finest can't beat him on the bike and look for technicalities. What has K & D done on the world stage for SA?

BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND COME TO MIND...

Marathon is not Burry's speciality but is supposed to be K & D's, and Burry beats them at that. Why dont't they race Burry in a CC race?

Burry has much bigger things to worry about than the colour of his socks and whether or not K & D approve of his kit...so rather than badmouthing him and trying to cut him down let support SA's Olympic hopefull.

Feel free to comment...

GO BURRY!

Thanks, you saved me a post

I wasn't at this year's Sani2C prize giving, but I remember that a lot of last year's podium population were hammered too. Climbing up onto the stage was a real challenge for some. Why are you singling them out?

They didn't complain about Burry's kit @ Tulbach and they are not complaining about the jacket from the Epic.

(Its clear who you support and who I support...)

But I agree with you, they aren't going to win the Epic unless they significantly up their game. They are consistently outclassed by Burry & Christof.

Could've fooled me ;)

The key issue was how the rules were applied on the day the day and how it was dealt with after. Which is what was covered.

Not the rivalry between xy and zed, although reading this thread folk would think it was all about personal claims and two teams alone. Which it wasn't.