WHO REALLY WON THE 2012 EPIC ?

bassasdaindia

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to a tjop with a keyboard and personal gripe on a forum?

I know it wasn't you, your spellchecker is bust :thumbup:

You are so wrong on this one

You cannot bend rules once you start that you head down a slippery slope. RULES ARE RULES. Its called integrity.

Same as me saying whats a small shortcut here orr there?? Nobody has the right to "bend" rules in any sport.

Cycling regulations are not hard and fast, StevieF.

The key word is "discretion".

I get your point about integrity. And agree.

The reality in cycling and other sports is that it is not clear-cut in extreme circumstances.

The crux for me isn't that burry took the jacket but that it's alleged 360Life's manager tried to afford his riders the same luxury, but was refused...wonder what the facts are there

In line with MichaelD's and Stevief's post, yeah agreed. Although imo, it could well have been an oversight during the mayhem on the day of that stage.

All I would like to know now is what precedent will this set for any future rule breaking/ amending?

Where do you draw the line now?

In line with MichaelD's and Stevief's post, yeah agreed. Although imo, it could well have been an oversight during the mayhem on the day of that stage.

It sounds like it was hectic out there.

Check Tarmac's earlier post...

Fortunately, no lives were lost.

:thumbup:

I know it wasn't you, your spellchecker is bust :thumbup:

That's cuz I are better wif eine camera buttons. Less of them than a keyboard... :w00t:

:whistling:

It sounds like it was hectic out there.

Check Tarmac's earlier post...

Fortunately, no lives were lost.

:thumbup:

It was, some of the scenes were like images from the Somme in WWI, just brightly clad MTBers.

No lives, just minds and bike bits.

Cycling regulations are not hard and fast, StevieF. The key word is "discretion".

My understanding is laws are made to remove subjectivity from the equation. I hear what you say about discretion, but when you already have two sides of the same law being applied in the scenario at hand, discretion can't really form part of it.

A rain jacket, under those conditions, could've had a material influence on someone's performance; it was that horrible out there. You can't tell me those people suffering from hypothermia wouldn't have been better off were they insulated better.

May not have altered positions or times, but nobody is really in a position to judge permutation of what may or may not have happened if Burry didn't get that jacket. The suggestion that 360Life were denied this "luxury" is what I have a problem with. It's not the racers' fault; as per normal it's the organisers', and their reluctance to make tough decisions.

That being said, it would've been a massive pity for K&D to "steal" a victory like that, and I have massive respect for them not making a scene out of it. (They won the next day, didn't they? Perhaps more to that than it seems...)

Well ,if I could kindly ask for a link.

Don't think it was posted online. It's mentioned in the magazine.

Bottom line, the race commissaire reserves the right to "bend" the rules at his discretion.

Kevin should have made public there and then what their decision was and perhaps there would not have been a hunt for sensationalism in print afterwards.

There you go. You'd think that would be the end of it, but not in hub-land...

There you go. You'd think that would be the end of it, but not in hub-land...

I hope that's not the end of it... I had a bet going that this thread will reach 10 pages by the end of the day

A bit of extra biased discussion going on here...

Clearly there are people making posts/comments based on either:

1. Their association with the Specialized brand (spotted some shop owners/suppliers/etc) obviously in favor of the "cover up"

2. Their association with Burry/Team (just as fans/supporters/etc) obviously in support, to be expected

3. Their association with the "losing team" (just as fans/supporters/etc) obviously in support, to be expected

4. Their association with the "Epic" body - obviously in support, to be expected

5. Some people who will always complain about everything/never happy, but to be expected

At the end of it, the rules are rules, if he took the jacket, i think it should have received a penalty....

If the rules we to be open to interpretation, they would have made provision for it specifically to say, you can take a jacket or toilet paper for example.