Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Jan Ulrilch will probably earn himself another 3 Tour De France Titles.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/08/23/lance-armstrong-announces-he-will-no-longer-fight-the-usada/#more-47845

Wait..............didn't Jan he also dope?..................oh no.............another inquest, another 10 years of fighting and another champion stripped. When will it end?

Everytime a winner is stripped of his title, the next guy will stand up for his Yellow Jersey. Eventually, once all the winners are investigated they will end up with the only clean rider. That was the guy who came 184th.

Everybody doped back then, we all know that. Can't these idiots leave Lance alone. Even if he did dope, he beat all the other dopers. That makes the win fair and square.

Edited by Eugene

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guilty (alomost certain) or not it was still a witchunt. Guys like Hamilton, Millar and even Floyd et al - all who were caught and initially denied, are now suddenly heores. Others dead or retired also will remain heores and not investigated (Mercks, Pantani, etc etc). And armstrong loses 14 years of amazing achievements.

What happened to the truth and reconciliation idea - that is what was needed - not this selective bs of targeting only the tallest tree in the forest.

Everybody doped back then, we all know that. Can't these idiots leave Lance alone. Even if he did dope, he beat all the other dopers. That makes the win fair and square.

My thoughts exactly.

When will it end?

Even if he did dope, he beat all the other dopers. That makes the win fair and square.

Exactly.

IMO he is a champion, and always will be. Screw what USADA has to say.

It's impossible to admire anyone who is a drugs cheat and I am glad that he has been exposed. He is just like Richard Virenque and all of them who deny, deny, deny until the evidence is incontrovertible or the pressure becomes too much. Anyone who has ever read the "Life and Death of Marco Pantani" will know what i mean, at the end of the book is page after page of athletes amateur and pro who died in their sleep from using EPO. Why do these guys take drugs? because their heroes take them and get away with it!

All drugs are a scourge and all dopers suck! i don't care how long it takes once we get the evidence they must be prosecuted.

Jan Ulrilch will probably earn himself another 3 Tour De France Titles.

http://www.bikerumor...ada/#more-47845

Wait..............didn't Jan he also dope?..................oh no.............another inquest, another 10 years of fighting and another champion stripped. When will it end?

Everytime a winner is stripped of his title, the next guy will stand up for his Yellow Jersey. Eventually, once all the winners are investigated they will end up with the only clean rider. That was the guy who came 184th.

Think you should change your topic heading in line with your first sentence.

Its making Jan look bad.

Doubt that Jan will claim anything in fact he probably will say something like

nein ich mochte das nicht

I am not getting this "Lance is being singled out" argument. Usada investigated and gathered evidence on a doping programme on an American team. If other national doping agencies uncovered the same, I'd hope they would do the same.

It's impossible to admire anyone who is a drugs cheat

Out of interest you make the statement above and then follow on from Pantani's book.

Do you admire the Pirate ?

It's impossible to admire anyone who is a drugs cheat and I am glad that he has been exposed. He is just like Richard Virenque and all of them who deny, deny, deny until the evidence is incontrovertible or the pressure becomes too much. Anyone who has ever read the "Life and Death of Marco Pantani" will know what i mean, at the end of the book is page after page of athletes amateur and pro who died in their sleep from using EPO. Why do these guys take drugs? because their heroes take them and get away with it!

All drugs are a scourge and all dopers suck! i don't care how long it takes once we get the evidence they must be prosecuted.

ever wonder why LA never died in his sleep...

Ahhh ........ it!! why do i bother...

Think you should change your topic heading in line with your first sentence.

Its making Jan look bad.

Doubt that Jan will claim anything in fact he probably will say something like

nein ich mochte das nicht

What does that mean? "Hey I was schnarfing 250g a day back then, so I don't remember much anyway, except losing..." But who cares anyway..

I say give it to the Lantern Rouge guy! He most likely wasn't tested - another potential problem solved by brilliant forward planning!

What does that mean? "Hey I was schnarfing 250g a day back then, so I don't remember much anyway, except losing..." But who cares anyway..

"No,I don't want that"

I have never been a huge LA fan, nor have I been a hater, but the happenings of the last while, have made zero change in my view. Say what you want the oke did some amazing things and like it or not at some point everyone liked him, some more than others.

I just hope that all this BS will go away now, Lance has not been relative in cycling terms for some time, so this is actually non consequential really.

Suck it up, say thank you and goodbye and move on....

Having read a few books on doping in professional cycling, I have no doubt that he cheated. The evidence is there. There is very little doubt that the rest of the peloton was doping too. So the title gets taken away from LA and given to the next doper?

He was still physically better then the rest of them. Or his body responded better to the drugs. Before anybody says that he had a better chemist the top riders at the time were all using Dr Ferrari.