Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

First off.

I am no pro-Lance groupie.

Am I happy for what has happened to him, no.

I hate to see tragedy in peoples lives and none of us are immune to it.

Am I happy that organizations are pulling out all the stops to camp doping, yes I am.

Do I think it will ever stop, NO.

Do I think Armstrong is so powerful that he is the Kingpin of doping in all cycling, you all tell me.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/danish-federation-board-member-positive-for-doping

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naa, no argument, and Indeed I hear you,..... and actually I dont even have a dog in this fight so for me, its fine, but I really couldn't bring myself to like LA during his rein, although strangely enough I see him as a lot more human now, .... someone I could share a cheeseburger with maybe, before, I dare say I couldn't,.... he was the antithesis of everything I believed in and stood for, I dont wish him ill, I never have, but if someone had to ask me who do I like more as a man, I believe 'Berto towers head and shoulders above LA.

Have to agree here Grumps, I do think Berto would be more of a "have a beer with me" kinda guy than Armstrong.

It just really grinds me that people aren't satisfied with the outcome thus far, they need to drill the stake even deeper .

Another Zapiro cartoon

http://www.zapiro.co...tt#.UD3zeaBtx8F

http://www.zapiro.com/Cartoons/m_120828tt.jpg

Interesting to see this one... How about all the conspiracy theory fellas that say Neil was never on the moon? You will always have negativity out there. How you choose to address it, is key.

According to me, Lance won, he also inspired me to cycle and to take any challenge head on. USADA can strip him of the titles, but they cannot strip his legacy. That is the part that I choose to remember. Say what you want, I would like to be half the man that he is!

Naa, no argument, and Indeed I hear you,..... and actually I dont even have a dog in this fight so for me, its fine, but I really couldn't bring myself to like LA during his rein, although strangely enough I see him as a lot more human now, .... someone I could share a cheeseburger with maybe, before, I dare say I couldn't,.... he was the antithesis of everything I believed in and stood for, I dont wish him ill, I never have, but if someone had to ask me who do I like more as a man, I believe 'Berto towers head and shoulders above LA.

Have to agree here Grumps, I do think Berto would be more of a "have a beer with me" kinda guy than Armstrong.

Bertos' command of the engleesh language might be a problem, not only for the beer or burger idea but maybe also a lot of his extra mural non cycling activities are not reported or released in / to the english press. At race interviews you see him jabbering away in spanish but hardly ever in english and then its usualy something generic like "Yes...ghee is strrong, but race ghe is looong so i wait and hope the feeling is good in el mountains..."

Euro vs American....Introvert vs Extrovert?

Bertos' command of the engleesh language might be a problem, not only for the beer or burger idea but maybe also a lot of his extra mural non cycling activities are not reported or released in / to the english press. At race interviews you see him jabbering away in spanish but hardly ever in english and then its usualy something generic like "Yes...ghee is strrong, but race ghe is looong so i wait and hope the feeling is good in el mountains..."

I think Alberto's an introvert. He seemed almost shy after his third "win".

Lance is in-your-face. Always has been. I have that book of Graham Watson's photos of his career. He describes the young Motorola as intimidating on their first meeting. I would like to use the word brash, but Lance is calculated in his aggression to those he encounters.

Interesting to see this one... How about all the conspiracy theory fellas that say Neil was never on the moon? You will always have negativity out there. How you choose to address it, is key.

According to me, Lance won, he also inspired me to cycle and to take any challenge head on. USADA can strip him of the titles, but they cannot strip his legacy. That is the part that I choose to remember. Say what you want, I would like to be half the man that he is!

So you'll have only half a testical?

I think Alberto's an introvert. He seemed almost shy after his third "win".

Lance is in-your-face. Always has been. I have that book of Graham Watson's photos of his career. He describes the young Motorola as intimidating on their first meeting. I would like to use the word brash, but Lance is calculated in his aggression to those he encounters.

Wonder why that was ...

He helped one person to millions of dollars...

Ah, right, like when the ANC came to power all those years ago, and promised 4 RDP houses in a million years.

Right. sums Lance up.

Naa, "Cheeseburger" is an international language. :D

It just really grinds me that people aren't satisfied with the outcome thus far, they need to drill the stake even deeper .

:thumbup:

So you'll have only half a testical?

so honestly who didn't wince on reading the words "half a testical" :eek:

sometimes context is irrelevant...