Cape Epic Battle Plan ...

I just checked quickly on Gary Beneke's site - R4000 for the premium 12 month package:

Designed for the serious cyclist who wants the best results and who wishes to track his/her progress constantly.

• 4 x tests/retests/assessments throughout the year.

• Constant resetting of training programs.

• Ongoing consultation and queries/problem solving.

Hmm thats Enticing......

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked quickly on Gary Beneke's site - R4000 for the premium 12 month package:

Designed for the serious cyclist who wants the best results and who wishes to track his/her progress constantly.

Thx Swiss

We're making some progress here hubbers. And we're doing FOC market research too...R4k for 12 months. That's just over R300/month. Didn't Gary win the World's like 3 weeks ago. Wow, I think I must give him a call. CPT is just around the corner...

Edited by Underachiever

Did

Thx Swiis

We're making some progress here hubbers. And we're doing doing FOC market research too...R4k for 12 months. That's just over R300/month. Didn't Gary win the World's like 3 weeks ago. Wow, I think I must give him a call. CPT is just around the corner...

I once had an assesment and training program from GB, was pretty basic in those days but he knows what he is doing and helped me a lot.

@Enticement.

Let me get a little more serious.

I am almost certain that you feel you have a solid plan and a great business idea.

This is the way I see it.

People sit around a table and discuss cycling, this leads to how many people are getting in to the sport and ultimately the discussion turns to "there is a gap in the market, we need to jump in"

This stuff that you are offering here I have done for many years for various friends and riders as a favor.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone is a walk-over like myself giving things away, we all need to make some money somewhere.

I think you are asking an obscene amount of money for what you are offering, money is becoming less and we all are tightening our belts.

Now I will finish off with this, the more I read your sales pitches and I look at the $$$$ value you attach to it, the more it's looking like a money pit and gives me the impression that you are a fraudster.

Now I am not saying you are, as I get a feeling you have good intentions, but this is how it looks to me from the outside.

You are treating most of us like uninformed riders without even knowing our palmarés, some of us can ride bikes, fast, hard and not half bad, so let's get to the crux of what you are trying to achieve and bearing on this , then hope you can make a success of it.

Im blow away to be honest. I have friends that use coaches for a fraction of that and this includes daily calls/updates. Weekly meetings and actually training with you not just analysing your data. You could join ATC for R300 a year and they have group training where you have access to a number of serious athletes who will shower you with info in the spirit of amatuer sport.

@Enticement.

Let me get a little more serious.

I am almost certain that you feel you have a solid plan and a great business idea.

This is the way I see it.

People sit around a table and discuss cycling, this leads to how many people are getting in to the sport and ultimately the discussion turns to "there is a gap in the market, we need to jump in"

This stuff that you are offering here I have done for many years for various friends and riders as a favor.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone is a walk-over like myself giving things away, we all need to make some money somewhere.

I think you are asking an obscene amount of money for what you are offering, money is becoming less and we all are tightening our belts.

Now I will finish off with this, the more I read your sales pitches and I look at the $$$$ value you attach to it, the more it's looking like a money pit and gives me the impression that you are a fraudster.

Now I am not saying you are, as I get a feeling you have good intentions, but this is how it looks to me from the outside.

You are treating most of us like uninformed riders without even knowing our palmarés, some of us can ride bikes, fast, hard and not half bad, so let's get to the crux of what you are trying to achieve and bearing on this , then hope you can make a success of it.

Well said...It's all about value add, we can get what enticement is offering on the interwebs with a bit of research or fittrack as someone says for a very small price. They fill the instant program segment nicely, have a modern interface to track your progress. If this is indeed what he is offering(and correct me if I am wrong) I am affraid he won't get response he expected.

So @enticement...if you do think you can justify the cost please give us a detailed breakdown on what your coaching program includes and excludes. Less yada yada...more ching ching.

Edited by rouxtjie

Dude, you have a running coach?

Hell yeah!

When I started "running" again in Sept 2011 I thought a walking coach may have been a better idea but found out soon enough that "walking" is an olypmic sport with it's main aim being hip displacement.

I just checked quickly on Gary Beneke's site - R4000 for the premium 12 month package: Designed for the serious cyclist who wants the best results and who wishes to track his/her progress constantly.

When I stupidly entered the 240 km, one day, Trans Karoo MTB race in April I had not gone beyond the 106 km of the Crater Cruise and had not done any multiday event. I knew I was going to have to go well beyond what I ever done before.

I went to see Gary who, after testing me, provided me with a preparation and race plan based on my physiological state.

It cost a couple of hundred Rand but it gave me all the information I needed to finish the ride strongly. I did the uphill last 44km at an average of 21kph despite it having 450m of climbing. Not particularly impressive but in the dark, on a MTB after 200km of riding, 2800 m of previous climbing and 11 hours in the saddle, I know that the informed advice I got from Gary make a huge difference.

If I ever wanted to get myself into proper riding shape, I know where I will be turning.

Hell yeah!

When I started "running" again in Sept 2011 I thought a walking coach may have been a better idea but found out soon enough that "walking" is an olypmic sport with it's main aim being hip displacement.

So that makes it a walking ring for adults then...

So that makes it a walking ring for adults then...

Yup. Its a turf war between us and those dodgy walkforlife bastards. Those rapidly flailing arms of theirs are more dangerous than you'd think!!!

Well said...It's all about value add, we can get what enticement is offering on the interwebs with a bit of research or fittrack as someone says for a very small price. They fill the instant program segment nicely, have a modern interface to track your progress. If this is indeed what he is offering(and correct me if I am wrong) I am affraid he won't get response he expected.

So @enticement...if you do think you can justify the cost please give us a detailed breakdown on what your coaching program includes and excludes. Less yada yada...more ching ching.

Dangle & Rouxtjie (and all those avid cycling and coaching experts that have contributed so generously to date)

We offer an individualised approach that is constantly adapted according to your lifestyle - like one of my Epic athletes that had work commitments during a crucial part of his preparation for the 2012 Epic for whom we had to design alternative/cross training as he couldn't get on a bike during that 6-weeks period. A 2-week cross-over training period saw him and his riding partner fit for a top-50 finish. Each athlete is guided to define his/her own performance goal and milestones for achieving that, and the coaching plan for attaining that is divided into an off-peak period, pre-peak period and peak performance period, each period with its own unique focus on fitness elements. This is facilitated through a training program and logbook software that allows the athlete to have real-time visual feedback on own progress. Constant feedback and communication ensure that the conditioning program remains goal oriented. We view skills development, race strategy and nutritional planning as part of the conditioning process and it forms part of the coaching plan. As for pricing and more detail, anyone interested can contact us.

Dangle & Rouxtjie (and all those avid cycling and coaching experts that have contributed so generously to date) We offer an individualised approach that is constantly adapted according to your lifestyle - like one of my Epic athletes that had work commitments during a crucial part of his preparation

There isn’t a single athlete in the world who’s training haven’t been interrupted by work, a family occasion, illness or injury so you’d expect the altering of any training program to come par for the course. It shouldn’t be regarded as optional extra or some work of miracle for a trainer to alter a program.

for the 2012 Epic for whom we had to design alternative/cross training as he couldn't get on a bike during that 6-weeks period. A 2-week cross-over training period saw him and his riding partner fit for a top-50 finish. Each athlete is guided to define his/her own performance goal and milestones

would love to know what that means as it also seems pretty basic starting off point, any athlete should know what they want to achieve what guidance do you provide??

for achieving that, and the coaching plan for attaining that is divided into an off-peak period, pre-peak period and peak performance period, do you only advise periodization or are you open to other approaches, and who is to say things like the always fit approach doesnt work for certain scenarios????

each period with its own unique focus on fitness elements. This is facilitated through a training program and logbook software that allows the athlete to have real-time visual feedback on own progress. the only thing in here that I havent really heard off and would like to know more about. So some value add there.

Constant feedback and communication ensure that the conditioning program remains goal oriented. any coach should be doing that anyway, and hardly justifies a premium.

We view skills development, race strategy and nutritional planning as part of the conditioning process and it forms part of the coaching plan. okay so for some there might be some value add in that.

As for pricing and more detail, anyone interested can contact us.

Oh and I will contact you to get a comparitive price as I happen to be in the market. But this is not for the Epic, so assume you do other packaged deals?

Oh and I will contact you to get a comparitive price as I happen to be in the market. But this is not for the Epic, so assume you do other packaged deals?

I coach runners adventure racers and multi-sport athletes as well. I am a bit "biased" in favor of mountain biking as that what I compete in. Only about 30% of my athletes are Epic riders - I have more XCO athletes.

Hell yeah!

I saw how they walked in the olympics. Its more like hip REplacement once they are done if you ask me!

Yup. Its a turf war between us and those dodgy walkforlife bastards. Those rapidly flailing arms of theirs are more dangerous than you'd think!!!

Okay that's it, I'm going to try this running thing. Couch to 5k is the plan