• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to the family.

G

my new Pyga, Knipe_Racing

custom spray by CBR.  130mm Pike up front, 110mm rear with South hoops.  XT 12psd

Lyne bar and dropper.

Would it be silly to buy a Stage Max now and not wait to see what the Mobu looks like? I'm dying to get one, and will be demoing the Stage Max over the weekend.  I just don't want to sit with buyer's remorse in 2 months.  

The stage/stage max is an incredible and proven bike - I'm getting one of the first batch of Mobu's and I reckon you'll have to wait more than 2 months to get buyers remorse because I have no idea when I'm getting mine.

Depends on your budget too because I guess the mobu will cost more 

Unless you were lucky enough to get the first batch you need to have very deep pockets to buy the Mobu when it's fully released.

Numbers I got told after the initial batch are in the R70K region for a frame....

Met up with some of the Pyga guys last week. Mobu frame and shock will not be less than 75k I'm told.....

Hopefully demand is high - between ordering the mobu in October 2018 and now my cycling has completely changed - more road on vintage steel, much much more gravel and pretty much no trail.  In fact my stage gets the odd outing but more out of guilt than necessity.

To make matters worse, over the last 14 months I have collected some serious kit that I don't need for the bike I don't need

Who knows, maybe my next midlife crises included charging downhill and riding stage races once more.  In which case I'm sorted bike wise