Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Yeti riders must be getting pretty anxious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mobu is being made/co designed with BST Technologies in Jhb.

Go have a look who these guys are, they pretty much recognised as the magicians world wide when it comes to carbon fiber.

G

I dont think the Mobu is made here. In their video "bringing is HOME" they only mention that they will bring the alu bike manufacturing home.

I heard the Mobu will go for around R56k to R60k and I dont think they will price themselfs above a Sworks frame, as that will be a clear killshot.

I dont think the Mobu is made here. In their video "bringing is HOME" they only mention that they will bring the alu bike manufacturing home.

I heard the Mobu will go for around R56k to R60k and I dont think they will price themselfs above a Sworks frame, as that will be a clear killshot.

The Mobu price you mention above is for the people who bought into the project from the beginning. All those frames have been bought.

The next batch will cost significantly more (75K) .....again, this is what i was told last week

Same sort of price as the Bernoldswick made Hope frames.

Epic S-works frames are more than 60k.

Some Yeti frames are more.

It's being made by one of THE most established and respected carbon fibre fabricators in the world.

The construction is probably superior to the S-works and other 'big brand' frames who use carbon fabricators in the east.

I personally can't afford anything close to this, but it does seem to be coming off the top shelf. 

If the suspension design is good and the geometry numbers tick your boxes, this is a frame that competes with the best out there. Just because it's made in SA doesn't mean it isn't as good or better than frames from big brand houses.

Edited by Jewbacca

I personally can't afford anything close to this, but

If the suspension design is good and the geometry numbers tick your boxes, this is a frame that competes with the best out there. Just because it's made in SA doesn't mean it isn't as good or better than frames from big brand houses.

100% We have some clever guys in SA who know what is up. One would be silly to think that home made is inferior to imported stuff.

Just to get a patent on a frame is over USD300k I believe. That's before moulds and materials etc. The last conversation I had with Pyga staff was that the frame will only be available end of year anyway, lots can change in that time.

The first 50 guys who go in the first batch are smiling right now I'm sure :)

Pat doesn't build rubbish so we know it's going to be something special. R75K special we don't know yet.

I'm happy on my Stage...going to have to be:)

I have started a project to build a Epic Evo, and the s-works frame cost me 60K

Edited by Markellis

Just to get a patent on a frame is over USD300k I believe. That's before moulds and materials etc. The last conversation I had with Pyga staff was that the frame will only be available end of year anyway, lots can change in that time.

The first 50 guys who go in the first batch are smiling right now I'm sure :)

Pat doesn't build rubbish so we know it's going to be something special. R75K special we don't know yet.

I'm happy on my Stage...going to have to be:)

I have started a project to build a Epic Evo, and the s-works frame cost me 60K

not sure if we are smiling  - I don't have a bike and the investment was interest free

I will no doubt post a pic of me smiling when I get my MOBU - I def don't have 75k for a frame but if I did, it would be well spent on a PYGA

The stage is still one of the nicest looking and riding bikes around

• 1 month later...

Fleet of Pyga's...

You do realise people have been shot for far less....

G

Hi Okes,
Coming back to topic, I just wanted to introduce my lovely fleet of Pygas

Fleet of Pyga's...

You do realise people have been shot for far less....

G

ok, it is 2, I I realized I cannot attach fotos from the cell

Edited by Flavor-flav