Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Okay, so I've been for a quick trip up Paarl mountain and have some feedback. First of all, super impressed with this 1x11 setup. Shifts are so quick and smooth. Sunrace cassette and it's wide range is a real enabler. 

Back to your original question, the chainline is by no means quiet but it is no worse than my 1x10 so I suppose I'm already used to a somewhat noisy granny gear. I installed everything very quickly so I suspect a bit of tweaking might help a little...perhaps. My solution, put some hairy chested draggy tyres on and you won't hear anything else :D

Jokes aside, my Pyga has an insufferable creak which is driving me nuts. Had it for a pivot service and fork/shock service but still creaking like an old boat.

Headset on my 110 would creak after a while - have a look at that.

I also made the mistake of getting a Spez saddle... It bugs the hell out of me with its constant creaking!  

Tom

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was also creaking a while back and I eventually traced it to a "dry" pedal. Stripped, cleaned and greased and the creak is gone.

mine also had a creak and reason was quite ominous..

How long have you had the bike?

Okay, so I've been for a quick trip up Paarl mountain and have some feedback. First of all, super impressed with this 1x11 setup. Shifts are so quick and smooth. Sunrace cassette and it's wide range is a real enabler. 

Back to your original question, the chainline is by no means quiet but it is no worse than my 1x10 so I suppose I'm already used to a somewhat noisy granny gear. I installed everything very quickly so I suspect a bit of tweaking might help a little...perhaps. My solution, put some hairy chested draggy tyres on and you won't hear anything else :D

Jokes aside, my Pyga has an insufferable creak which is driving me nuts. Had it for a pivot service and fork/shock service but still creaking like an old boat.

Grease both axles a little, then work out if it's BB (creaking when you stand & pedal) seat post (sit & bounce) or headset (pump front fork).

I also had a gammy granny, almost sounded like the front derailleur was rubbing, but with 1X that's obviously not possible, had it on my Trance and transferred it to my 110, this is where I discovered that I had the wrong q-factor on my crank. Bought the correct crank ( phoned Pat and Hilton to get that) and voila, a quiet bike!!

what was the correct Q-factor ??

• 1 month later...

All I'm gonna say is the first hubber to post a Slakline is gonna get cussed hard.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Forgot to add, the first bikes will be raw, and size "L" initially.

Luckily the daughter has agreed that I can sell her 120 (figure skating is taking precedence over bike riding for some reason!), so she is safe for now!

Tom