Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so this would be a good time to buy my first bike at a REALLY good price?

Ja i have a bike for you. Its new and it is awesome.

Bring R15,000 in unmarked bills and drop it in the dust bin next to the metro rail at exactly 08h45 this evening.

Then head over to the public telephone next to the waterfront where you shall receive further instructions.

I know MacDaddy quite well. We both share a love for old school retro stuff and we have done a fair share of trading with one another. He is on the road a lot and always looking out for bargains. He is also not stupid and if he truly knew the stuff was stolen he wouldn't have bought it. Think about it, if you knowingly buy stolen goods would you seriously try and sell them here on the hub, of all places? If it was some naive newb I would understand, but MacDaddy has been buying and selling stuff for years.

He is a family guy with a beautiful family and he would not jeopardize their welfare for a couple of bucks.

Firstly i respect your opinion on your mate.

Secondly if what Lourens has said your mate has knowingly bought stolen goods. This upsets me, its because of guys like this there has been an increase in bike theft and hijacking of bicycles. You mention he has a beautiful family etc but unfortunately because of guys like this my family is now in danger everytime they go out on their bikes.

It is very silly and irresponsible what has happened here and i hope this has been a big breakthru and a lot more people are brought to justice because of this incident

Edited by fabes

To set the record straight.....

1. I was not arrested but taken in to give a statement.

2. I never purchased the goods mentioned but merely offered to sell them for an acquaintance.

3. I have given the cops the identity of the person whom I got the goods from and he is being investigated.

4. I would not knowingly sell stolen goods and jeoprdize my name. (Especially on this forum) or anywhere else for that matter.

5. Anyone who has purchased anything else from me is welcome to contact me and clear up any uncertainty.

6. I made a bad judgement call by offering to sell these goods and have to pay the price. (It can happen to you too)

Lastly, I'd like to apologise to the people affect in this incident.

Ja i have a bike for you. Its new and it is awesome.

Bring R15,000 in unmarked bills and drop it in the dust bin next to the metro rail at exactly 08h45 this evening.

Then head over to the public telephone next to the waterfront where you shall receive further instructions.

Can i have some more info on the bike please?

I cant make 8h45 but i can do it at 9h00

2. I never purchased the goods mentioned but merely offered to sell them for an acquaintance.

3. I have given the cops the identity of the person whom I got the goods from and he is being investigated.

4. I would not knowingly sell stolen goods and jeoprdize my name. (Especially on this forum) or anywhere else for that matter.

5. Anyone who has purchased anything else from me is welcome to contact me and clear up any uncertainty.

6. I made a bad judgement call by offering to sell these goods and have to pay the price. (It can happen to you too)

Did no alarm bells ring in your head that the deal you were getting was possibly to good to be true?

I don't agree. People sometimes don't post but still uses the hub to buy and sell stuff. It is not in everyone's personality to talk nonsense for 200 posts.

I agree. Here I'm posting my 6th post since Sept 2011. It will take me forever to get to 200!

Did no alarm bells ring in your head that the deal you were getting was possibly to good to be true?

To be honest the cheapskates on here have a habit of haggling things down so much that one can't help but think that every cheap deal is the norm.

I think macdaddy showed some ballz giving a statement.

Firstly i respect your opinion on your mate.

Secondly if what Lourens has said your mate has knowingly bought stolen goods. This upsets me, its because of guys like this there has been an increase in bike theft and hijacking of bicycles. You mention he has a beautiful family etc but unfortunately because of guys like this my family is now in danger everytime they go out on their bikes.

It is very silly and irresponsible what has happened here and i hope this has been a big breakthru and a lot more people are brought to justice because of this incident

Look, I’m human, and if it was someone I didn't know I would feel the same as you. When its someone you know suddenly a whole new dimension is added. The person I know just doesn't fit the profile of a ruthless criminal who doesn't give a **** about anyone else. He's a decent guy who loves bicycles and gets extremely excited when he stumbles across a bargain on Gumtree. If he's done anything he's let that passion and excitement cloud his judgement, but an evil criminal he is not.

Edited by javadude

well done for coming on here to give your version of the story and for trying to clear things up

I agree. Here I'm posting my 6th post since Sept 2011. It will take me forever to get to 200!

Is that a Speciailzed in your avatar ?

Look, I’m human, and if it was someone I didn't know I would fell the same as you. When its someone you know suddenly a whole new dimension is added. The person I know just doesn't fit the profile of a ruthless criminal who doesn't give a **** about anyone else. He's a decent guy who loves bicycles and gets extremely excited when he stumbles across a bargain on Gumtree. If he's done anything he's let that passion and excitement cloud his judgement, but an evil criminal he is not.

Yeah i know what you mean, and i can see this by the way he has come forward to give his side of the story

Although something not matching up between Lourens and Macdaddy versions but i do realise it is still a sensitive topic

well done for coming on here to give your version of the story and for trying to clear things up

Agreed.

Some of you are worse than handbag slinging women looking for a sensational story. Bet a lot of you don't even buy of sell on the hub so it's nothing to you.

The dude has cleared up his side of the story, which you demanded. Perhaps poor judgement, but it doesn't make him a crook.