26/27.5/29 Mega Merge Thread.

Tieffels

Ride a Scott Elite 29er dual, with baggies, and unshaven legs......................BIG UP!!

:clap:

that my friend is bi-curious!

Either come out of the closet, shave your legs and put on your tighty pants...

or stop this experimental phase and o back to the natural way!

:lol: ;)

Edited by patches

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to buy something that has made me faster :( - maybe one day when I'm big and lay out enough za ronds? The one thing that has had a real effect on how fast I can go has saved me money :)

Not even all that Tuna?

Not even all that Tuna?

'The one thing that has had a real effect on how fast I can go has saved me money :)'

Got it now?

'The one thing that has had a real effect on how fast I can go has saved me money :)'

Got it now?

:thumbup:

I'm old school i.e. still got my Zula 26" and not really keen on the 29" for no particular logical reason.

Actually rode one for the first time last weekend at the LBS, Specialized Camber and even tho it was just around the parking lot I can say it felt quite good, not the evil thing i expected it to be......maybe worth considering taking a test bike for a few days....

Or just wait for the 27" market to take off in the next year or so and buy an inbetweener :D

Change the small ring to a 24 or even 22 and you will be fine!

38-24 is the sweet spot, I think

Thats what I'm changing too.

Have 28-40 at the moment and am missing that little bit lighter gear on the low end.

I'd rather shift up two gears using the top end more and don't use my granny that much but at least have the option of having something a little bit lighter when the angles ask for it rather than being limited to something that's just that little bit too hard for comfort.

Especially on races like Sabie and 3 Towers.

Hot Spot Cycles, it's on special.

Just leave me a Large :ph34r:

:clap: thank you sir.... will do

I have not. Why? When I have two perfectly great 26" bikes that does the same job if not better then any 29er.

anybody tried the canondale scalpel 29er?

nope .

But i got a flash 29 and its a super sweet ride !

Edited by Iron

I have not. Why? When I have two perfectly great 26" bikes that I wish did the same job as a 29er?

Fixed..

Fixed..

I'm afraid not, have no desire at all to get a 29er. For KZN trails its not needed.

I want to upgrade to a 29er,

Why is a 29er considered an upgrade*? would a pennyfarthing be considered the same thing?

*yes i know the answer is that the marketeers have got you.

for the record here is the fastest mtb ever to get from maritzburg to rhodes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LHKXZyK4i8Y/T-NY4L8B6lI/AAAAAAAAAk0/zJvUHnSPbEA/s320/Martin+ready+to+go.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LHKXZyK4i8Y/T-NY4L8B6lI/AAAAAAAAAk0/zJvUHnSPbEA/s320/Martin+ready+to+go.jpg

Why is a 29er considered an upgrade*? would a pennyfarthing be considered the same thing?

*yes i know the answer is that the marketeers have got you.

for the record here is the fastest mtb ever to get from maritzburg to rhodes.

http://1.bp.blogspot...ready+to+go.jpg

is that front wheel bigger than the back or is that an optical illusion?