My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

@flymango, hahahah classic, but if you flying mango i am sure she is tired of waiting for your delayed flights? heehehehe :)

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@flymango, hahahah classic, but if you flying mango i am sure she is tired of waiting for your delayed flights? heehehehe :)

Indeed. But some things are better delayed ..... :whistling:

My wife rides. MTB and road. I do both as well. We sometimes ride together but not very often, perhaps once or twice a week. We visit each other in hospital when we fall off. We have so far ended up in hospital at different times or it would be difficult. I think she might have even ridden to hospital on her bike to visit me one time.

If she doesn't ride or run or gym she turns into a complete monster. She says I am the same.

She is a way cool woman. Didn't even get cross when I ended up in casualty on her birthday

Obviously I'm crazy about cycling so my views are somewhat biased... But I see it with my folks. My dad is passionate about cycling. Mom rides too but some days she just gets a bee in her bonnet and flatly refuses to ride or let him go... Scary to think someone so close to you can crush your dreams! Sad actually!

She needs to find something she is passionate about... And see the value in her hubby persuing a healthy hobby!

Obviously I'm crazy about cycling so my views are somewhat biased... But I see it with my folks. My dad is passionate about cycling. Mom rides too but some days she just gets a bee in her bonnet and flatly refuses to ride or let him go... Scary to think someone so close to you can crush your dreams! Sad actually!

She needs to find something she is passionate about... And see the value in her hubby persuing a healthy hobby!

she is passionate about giving me a tough time... all the time heheeheh :)

I got divorced (ok was not the real reason) but I just found the last 2 years I hardly rode. Was easier not to ride than get the dirty looks. Result was 14kg heavier and many huge bar bills......

Ok so the bar bills have hardly stopped but I am way lighter and got a GF that loves riding.... :clap: climbing, hiking, drinking beer :thumbup:

I got divorced (ok was not the real reason) but I just found the last 2 years I hardly rode. Was easier not to ride than get the dirty looks. Result was 14kg heavier and many huge bar bills...... Ok so the bar bills have hardly stopped but I am way lighter and got a GF that loves riding.... :clap: climbing, hiking, drinking beer :thumbup:

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Couldn't get my wife on a bike for nine years of marriage. Now, you can't get her off one.

When I met the GF she had a Giant Rincon that was an XL size. Didn't take me long before she bought a gary fisher of which to her supprise started getting loads of upgrades until everything had been replaced. She even tells me we have to get onto CRC as she needs more stuff.... Although i think having a braai last night at a mates house we talked a little over her head with all the bike pimping plans. Seems a new SS bike is being born and we all know what goes with an SS bike. Serious pimping @Rouxjie can't wait to get shopping

When I met the GF she had a Giant Rincon that was an XL size. Didn't take me long before she bought a gary fisher of which to her supprise started getting loads of upgrades until everything had been replaced. She even tells me we have to get onto CRC as she needs more stuff.... Although i think having a braai last night at a mates house we talked a little over her head with all the bike pimping plans. Seems a new SS bike is being born and we all know what goes with an SS bike. Serious pimping @Rouxjie can't wait to get shopping

Ok be careful here...make sure she doesn't pimp her bike up and do all possible upgrades and them she leaves you on a ride one day and you never see her again:)

Sorry to hear about the upcoming divorce.

Luckily the wife rides with me normally but her being 6 months preggies prevents her from getting on the bike at the moment and thus causes a bit of ruptions if I'm away the whole day. Most of the times though she encourages me to go riding :thumbup:

good advise, thank you

i am also doing some time on the trainer once everyone is asleep, but its tough getting onto the trainer at 9;30pm

I'm going through the thread and will comment here and there.

I just have the one kid and usually went on trainer anytime between 8:30 and 9pm. But then I brought my trainer to the office and do my sessions at the end of the day (luckily my work situation is allows this) before I go home. This helps a lot then I'm more relaxed and chilled at home during the week

I have the perfect wife then! We met while I was training for the Epic, so I guess she came onboard on the basis that I train 20 hours a week (gone are the days!), was fanatical about what I eat (oh boy, what happened!) and all I could talk about was cycling (well at least some things don't change).

Since then she has been at my side (on and off the bike) and behind me all the way (on and off the tandem too). I am blessed that she would come to races to support me, allows me time over weekends to go ride, understands when I "need" new cycling stuff and accommodates me in every way possible.

Some times all you need is to see and hear that others are not as fortunate as you are. Guess I'm buying flowers on the way home and making her favourite for supper.

In their ( as in grumpy wives) defense, cycling is actually a stupid sport. You have to spend way too many hours riding to increase your performance. Running, ( which should be illegal) is much more time efficient. And cheap. With 12 hrs a week training, there's just never enough time for anything else. Should maybe give up work.