Roadie plonker!!

mrbaker

I used to have a thing for Pizza Hut's deep-pan offering long ago. Are there still Pizza Huts in this country? Can't remember the last time I saw one…

The yanks don't know how to make pizza. Worst pizza I ever had - Dominos :unsure:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.arriveali...ages.aspx?i=540

In October 2004, regulation 207(2) of the National Road Traffic Regulation became effective after being passed three years earlier.

You are mistaken and I'm not arguing that the law is on the books.

I'm saying that the law is not enforced / enforceable and there are no penalties set.

This is because it is iniquitous to burden the majority of cyclists with the cost of a helmet.

Edited by Joe Low

Ok so i'm gonna add my 5c worth. I'm pretty certain that none of you guys moaning about being told to wear a helmet have ever fallen off you bike or in my case off my bomb proof perfectly well behaved pony when he shifted to one side, without a helmet- i hit the side of the stable block - a rock would have done just as well. This while my significant other watched, had to mop up the blood and drive me to hospital all while i repeated the same questions over and over again (concussion does that).

It was incredibly traumatic for him (all i was worried about was my horse) - head wounds bleed a hell of a lot.

10 stitches and a night in hospital - CT scan was clear luckily. If i had been wearing a helmet i would have had a bill for a new helmet and maybe a bruise or 2 - the fall was not dramatic at all - i just slid off sideways.

He still relives that moment every time i take a tumble on the bike - is it really fair on your loved ones??

And before ANY of you say a horse is an unpredicatble animal - that was the first and only time i ever fell off him and i had him for 2 years after that incident - have fallen off my bike far more that off any horses.

Edited by Da Vinci

Some things just don't belong on a pizza.... I think avo is one of them. The feeling of warm avo in your mouth is just wrong.

You have to put the avo on after the pizza is cooked or it goes warm and bitter.

Best added just before serving. But I am an avo farmer and probably biased.

The yanks don't know how to make pizza. Worst pizza I ever had - Dominos :unsure:

Yeah, I think they're the peeps responsible for over-cheese-ing - and over-topping - pizzas.

yaaawwwwnnnnn....

do you post on a forum every time that someone:

1) Drive 70 in a 60 zone

2) Walks in a factory without steel toe shoes or earplugs

3) Drives a car without his seatbelt

4) Drives a car whilst talking on his phone

5) Eats too many KFC

6) Drinks too much

7) Smokes

8) Doesn't check his cholesterol annually

The answer is no, although all of the above are very likely more irresponsible than riding without a helmet in certain conditions! You might shake your head and think (what a dumbass) by yourself, but that's his choice and his risk. Mind your own business dude!

Edited by rudi-h

You are mistaken and I'm not arguing that the law is on the books.

I'm saying that the law is not enforced / enforceable and there are no penalties set.

This is because it is iniquitous to burden the majority of cyclists with the cost of a helmet.

My statement only pertained to the law not what is enforced. If you have resources to get a bicycle the helmut should not be a problem - you can go to cash crusaders and buy a 2nd hand one for R50.

Yeah, I think they're the peeps responsible for over-cheese-ing - and over-topping - pizzas.

yeah - a mate of mine has opened a pizza place with thin bases and minimal cheese...oh and cooked in a wood fired oven.... :thumbup:

Edited by Stretch

yeah - a mate of mine has opened a pizza place with thin bases and minimal cheese...oh and cooked in a wood fired oven.... :thumbup:

:drool: getting very hungry.... starting to think about pizza for lunch (and a cycle around kylami this evening to compensate!)

I think he's mad - does he not hear about all the cycling deaths or perhaps he thinks he is taxi / car / bus / truck proof..??..

There was a study done in the UK which revealed that motorists perceived cyclists who wore helmets to be more competent cyclists and as a result drove closer to them when passing.....cyclists who wore no helmets were given a wider berth....

Food for thought

Me personaly i always wear my helmet, except when i ride to downtown for my monthly haircut

:drool: getting very hungry.... starting to think about pizza for lunch (and a cycle around kylami this evening to compensate!)

Suddenly my Tjoona (yes dolphin friendly) and Tuc doesn't seem so appetising .......... no wait it never was :(

Suddenly my Tjoona (yes dolphin friendly) and Tuc doesn't seem so appetising .......... no wait it never was :(

I'm thinking of ordering a Horny Hannah before doing my doggie duties…

…er, that sounds a wee bit weird… :unsure:

My statement only pertained to the law not what is enforced. If you have resources to get a bicycle the helmut should not be a problem - you can go to cash crusaders and buy a 2nd hand one for R50.

The law does not have any meaning as it stands.

Having a bell is also a requirement - kinda funny in the murder, rape, corruption capital of the world that someone would think to try and make us all have bells on our bicycles.

Maybe there was a tender?

I'm thinking of ordering a Horny Hannah before doing my doggie duties…

…er, that sounds a wee bit weird… :unsure:

yip, using horny and doggie duties in the same sentence really opens it up for interpretation :whistling:

yip, using horny and doggie duties in the same sentence really opens it up for interpretation :whistling:

Maybe you need to link it to another thread on the hub :w00t: