CarteBlanche Armstrong Story

Vetseun

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of Barney Stinson's tweet yesterday: "If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons make people fat."

Barney for president!

I for one am sick to death of people blaming everything except themselves for their short comings.

Well whadya know? I am becoming a grumpy old man :-)

What a strange statement, only the "spoons make people fat" one might hold water .

Strange in that you do or don't agree?

I know we don't really condone drugs, but "chill pill" springs to mind.

My apologies if I came across as abrupt or angry over this Dangle. Really I am not.

I am no expert on doping having never even seen EPO or anything but about crack I know quite a lot.

I think I have given enough to this story in terms of energy. My final position is LA was not the best because he beat other dopers on an even playing field. He was the best of the cheaters, liars and dopers because they forced all the good honest people out of the sport. My sympathy lies with the talented cyclists with moral integrity that stood no chance because the sport was dominated by the dodgy cheaters we currently see on parade trying to justify their actions or continue on with the denials.

Enough now for me. Time to move on and get out of the past

Damm missed it,

Does anyone know if Carte Blanche will rebroadcast, they use to do it on Thursday's

G

You can normally get a repeat of Carte Blanche on DSTV on Demand.

"the truth" - an interesting term...

What truth are you looking for? A full confession from Lance? Will that make us feel better? Will that help cycling become cleaner? Me - I don't think it matters. Cheating in cycling went from taking trains to cocaine to pot belge to blood doping to EPO with loads of fun chemicals along the way. There is no "Lance era" there is only a "Lance Chapter" in the 100 year era of cheating in cycling.

I'm not trying to be a dick - just trying to understand what people are hoping to achieve from the "witch hunt".

A CLEANER tomorrow.

Everybody has their knives in for the cyclists, their entourages and the participating governing bodies!

What about the manufacturers and distributors of EPO?

You mean the sponsor of the biggest cycle race in the USA, the Amgen Tour of California who made their fortune with a product callend Epogen ?

Looking back at all of this, I am actually a little pi$$ed.

Why oh why did I not inherit more cycling talent.

These okes are all my age , a little younger or a bit older, which means had I been given the ability, I could have gone pro and been able to race in this era.

What could be better, spyker the podium girls, klap the drugs, see the world and party like mad with sponsors money.

I am now properly de-moer in.

End least not forget - make tonnes of money while you're doing it!!

I just find it so strange that so many people really care about this whole Lance issue,. Is there a desperate need to have some sort of hero, and that has now resulted in this huge dissappointment with all the related emotions to follow??

Lance is just another oke, he seemed to have cheated, like everyone else at the time, he just had a better cover-up plan etc.

WHY THE BIG EMOTIONAL ISSUE?

WGAF?

That is the best summary of the Lance issue I have read so far!

Strange in that you do or don't agree?

I agree, I reckon if you chow a stack of spoons you are bound to get snowed down with some health issues, stuff up your entire metabolism and boom, next thing you know you are marching the pachydermic path.

Showing just after midnight tonight. PVR has been set.

G

You can normally get a repeat of Carte Blanche on DSTV on Demand.

Showing just after midnight tonight. PVR has been set.

G

You'll enjoy it.

Well put together.